Hello From Utah

Skiddim

Hello. Im new to the forum. I just wanted to say hi. Im from Utah obviously. I have a Wife and a son and a nother little one on the way. The wife doesn't like prospecting that much. But she agreed if I Got her a metal detector shed run the beeper and I could dig. I figured once she starts finding things she'll be far happier and enjoy it far more. We bought the Nox 800 cause I wanted something that i could prospect with. And she wants something she can dig up old coins and jewelry. So we found the best combination. One of the best detectors around in the price range from our research. Gerry from Gerry's detectors told me about this place when I bought a new Equinox 800 from him. He told me this is the place to come to learn and be able to ask questions. He set me out with my first mission. 5 quarters, nickles dimes and Penny's as well as nails. Just to learn the machine. And i bought the swingy thing from Doc to help my wife's back. We just found out she's pregnant and she's going to want something to help her. Doc is awesome and another great help just talking to him for a few minutes he went over a few things to help us out. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Welcome to the forum and a great choice on the 800, hope you enjoy it and happy hunting!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Skiddim, You have joined in on a great site, full of wonderful and super smart people. You will soon find out that you will get all the answers on all your detecting and prospecting. And please post your finds we all love to see the stuff people are finding. 

• Like 1

Welcome, good choice on detector and it sound's like wife too !!!!!! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Welcome, Skiddum!  You're really getting started on the right foot in more ways than one.  If you get the chance to get away for a few days at some point in the future, I highly recommend Gerry's 3 day hands-on prospecting class (northern Nevada or SE Oregon).

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, looks like you got your bases covered with equipment.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, Skiddim!

You've landed in a great spot with a lot of great folks willing to impart their (considerable) knowledge.

Best of luck to you and your wife.

Welcome Skiddim,

Hoping for a healthy baby, and momma! Great that the family show an interest in the hobby! Makes it that much better! Great people here, and plenty of knowledge to be shared!

Good luck!👍👍

• Like 2