First Hunt With Simplex+

Well, this hunt pre-dates the problems I had with the latest update, which is covered in another thread.  I went to a local property that had been farmed for over 100 years.  I used Park mode over a well grassed lawn opposite where the original farm house was built.  The day was extremely hot, in excess of 40 Celsius and the humidity was close to 100%.  Oppressive.  3 hours later and I had detected 15 pre-decimal coins.  A terrific hunt by anyone’s standards. I ended up with what we call a full House.  (A complete set of each coin issued during pre-decimal times.)  In fact, I got equal to two of them.  An added bonus was that one of the florins was a commemorative issue.

The down side was that, subsequently, a neighbour of the farmer learned of my success and managed to convince the landowner to let him detect the property, trampling all over my permission.  They’re out there folks.

I was so impressed with the Simplex that I contacted Nokta and told them of my experience with the machine.  They asked me to send a short story and photos so they could put it on their website.  I did, and they did.  More than that, the story and a photo was put up on Instagram and in a full page advertisement in an Aussie treasure magazine.  A lot more than I signed up for.  I don’t blame them really but felt I had been a little (Lot?) used.  Yeah, I know, I’m sticking my head up here, too.

Anyway, I have to say I am impressed that such a low cost machine can perform so well.  I am impatiently waiting for the current pandemic to subside so I can get out and see just how well the latest update enhances the machine.  It’s just a pity that I won’t be able to run over my original site as a comparison.

65EF965A-111E-47F0-80A0-92E5CD891B24.jpeg

• Like 6

Great Hunt!!! My friend in Oz a number of years back sent me a whole set of Aussie coins from early silvers/coppers  to modern clad.

When I bench tested the Impact, Kruzer, Anfibio, they loved those coins. Now your finding so does the Simplex.

Keep it up, your on a roll.

Happy hunting

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, phrunt said:

Great run of silvers there, I'm yet to find an Aussie Florin.  The Pennys are in good condition too. 

Yes mate. Apart from dirt clinging to them the coins were in remarkable condition.  The area I detected had never seen fertiliser and was a beautiful loamy soil.  Usually the copper coins are pretty well toasted when dig up, although the old Viccies seem to survive much better in most soil types.  Although I know coins shouldn’t be cleaned, I do, using an ultrasonic cleaner and then 1000 grade steel wool.  The photo is of the coins after the ultrasonic.  I later brought the silvers up with the steel wool.  I’m not a coin collector, just an accumulator.

• Like 1