Does Simplex Still Have Pinpointer Interference?

I've seen videos of the Simplex and some pinpointers interfering with each other. Is this still a problem? I didn't assume a software update could fix this because 12khz is really close to most pinpointers. I own a Garrett carrot that I use with the Nox and a XP MI-6 with the Deus. I didn't want to buy the Simplex and then have to buy a new pinpointer also because of the interference.

I have similar issue with my ML Pro-find 35 and my Kruzer when I switch to 14kzh. If the Simplex can use the green headphones then their pulse dive should work with hit I believe.

Whites Bullseye II that sells in the $50 range plays nice with all my detectors. It runs at 35kzh In some cases I think it's more sensitive to small stuff than the ML pointer but lacks a little bit of range.

• Like 1

I tried a few different pin-pointers to see how close I could get them to the Simplex. 

Pro-Find 25 - needed to be over 1m away from Simplex coil

Xpointer - 55cm

Xpointer Pro - 50cm

Pro-Find 35 - 25cm

Nokta PulseDive - using the PulseDives frequency shift, I could get it as close as 30cm! 

The only Garrett I have here is a dead carrot, so can't try it. 

• Like 2

Why do they use such a low frequency on the pin pointers in general. Whites was on to something when they made the bullseye 2 that runs at 35khz.

Does the PI pointers interfere?

On 4/21/2020 at 12:37 PM, kac said:

Does the PI pointers interfere?

See my post above. The Xpointers and PulseDive are both PI.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just tried my Deus in 17khz and the Garrett carrot drove it nuts. I've only used the MI-6 with it until today. Changing to 11khz almost eliminated it. Wonder what the MI-6 would do with the Simplex?