Does Simplex Still Have Pinpointer Interference?

They addressed this with the newest update:

Nokta/Makro Simplex+ Software Update (2020.04.21) : System Software V2.77

Download : System Software V2.77

1. Mute Function has been added
Press the Pinpoint Button once to mute your detector without going into settings. This will help eliminate the interference noise from pinpointers that operate at the same frequency.
2. Audio levels for wired headphones
2 sets of audio levels have been added when the device is used with wired headphones. Choose between Low (L1-L4) or High (H1-H4).

•  
  • Like 1

Saw the mute function was added. That's a pretty good idea. I keep waffling about buying the Simplex. Wanted a good loaner/backup. Already have the Vanquish 540, but the Simplex keeps grabbing my attention.  Love my Minelab machines, but the Simplex seems to be of better quality than the Vanquish and I already have all the multi-IQ I need with the Nox. Only other Nokta/Makro I've tried was the original Racer and wasn't impressed. 

17 hours ago, 67GTA said:

Saw the mute function was added. That's a pretty good idea. I keep waffling about buying the Simplex. Wanted a good loaner/backup. Already have the Vanquish 540, but the Simplex keeps grabbing my attention.  Love my Minelab machines, but the Simplex seems to be of better quality than the Vanquish and I already have all the multi-IQ I need with the Nox. Only other Nokta/Makro I've tried was the original Racer and wasn't impressed. 

From my testing, if you already have the 540 as a an Equinox backup, the Simplex is not going to bring anything new to the table other than different sounds and the ability to ground balance vs. the 540.  The 540 tends to just bang on the targets in my test garden harder than Simplex.  The Simplex All Metal mode is problematic for me, it seems to be the second worst mode on the Simplex next to Park 2 as far as target signal strength and ID at depth are concerned, which is weird and overall target ID stability and repeatabilty is low.  OTOH - the features such as Ground Balance, Vibration Mode, Volume, Pinpoint muting, LED light and Ergo nomics are fantastic for a macine in this price range.  And Nokta appears willing to readily address issues in their frequent updates.  Anyway still testing and learning mre about it.  My first Nokta machine.

On 5/2/2020 at 2:00 PM, 67GTA said:

1.. Saw the mute function was added. That's a pretty good idea.

2.. I keep waffling about buying the Simplex. Wanted a good loaner/backup. Already have the Vanquish 540, but the Simplex keeps grabbing my attention.  Love my Minelab machines, but the Simplex seems to be of better quality than the Vanquish and I already have all the multi-IQ I need with the Nox.

3.. Only other Nokta/Makro I've tried was the original Racer and wasn't impressed. 

1.. The 'Mute' function can be likable and useful, too, if you have EMI issues.  I don't.  I use my Makro Pointer and now my new Pulse-Dive Pinpointer and there are no EMI issues with either of them.;

2.. In my case, I had the Simplex + since last November and have enjoyed using it, even though limited by the big 11" DD coil.  I need smaller-size coils for the trashier sites I hunt most of the time.   But I was curious about the Vanquish 540 Pro pack with the two coils and added accessories and, anticipating an issue or two, I still ordered a new V-540 Pro pack.  I was right, it has a glitch, but it can easily be worked around.  I was so impressed by what the V-540 provides that a week after getting one I bought a 2nd V-540 Pro Pack.  Now I keep each of the coils mounted and ready to grab-and-hunt.  The bulk of my hunting, however, is with the 5X8 DD in my Custom settings choice.

I then bought an EQ-800 and I prefer the V-540's so the Equinox will be sold.  The two Vanquish units are a complement to my Detector Outfit of two dedicated Relic Hunting models from Nokta, the Simplex + and two favorite Tesoro's.

3.. I've owned just about every Nokta and Makro model since I got my FORS CoRe in January of '15 and some were very good, but fell short of what I want and need, especially in the performance-afield category.  For dedicated hunting old-use sites that abound in Iron Nails and other ferrous debris, my very proven two FORS CoRe devices and FORS Relic units handle the toughest environments.  The Simplex + has really impressed me so far, and the updates make it better.  Just need one or two functional and versatile smaller-size coil to make it a more-used unit for me.

I think you would enjoy having the Simplex + in your detector outfit, and just might enjoy using it yourself a lot more than you might imagine.

Monte 

• Like 2