Minelab GPZ 7000, The Controversy Ends?

I thought oh-no another borrrring  GPZ thread (boy was I wrong) 

good thread guys. Like to hear from Klunker, maybe he could

liven things up a bit.

Ivan
  • Like 1

I've read all the posts on this thread. And have to concur with most all of them on the pro's and con's of the 7000.

That being said, I have way more pro's.

A list of my con's.

Cheap footrest.

Wm 12 clip wont stay clipped on my harness without adding a rubberband to keep in place.

The shaft does tend to move around. I clip my Velcro bungee harnesses clip right below the handle. So I run the handle and display at about 11:00 o'clock with the coil flat to the ground. But it won't stay put. I can see this being a issue with time and wear and tear.

The coil cover notches. They allow dirt into and between the coil. Not a big issue. But has to be cleaned out periodically.

EXTRA DEEP. What the heck is it for? I use every other function except this. Need some clarity.

Heavy.

Nothing major here.But Minelab hopefully reads our issues and takes notes. Without us consumers, you wouldn't be selling detectors.

So for the pro's.

I had a GPX 5000 for 3 years. Had success with it. But never fully understood it. Sometimes going through brush , the toggles would get hit and I wouldn't notice for a time. Not having that info displayed in front of my face was a major issue for me.

But I have good success and would still be using today if not for the 7000. My knowledge and experience as a electronic prospector grew immensely with the 5k.

Then came the 7000. I wanted to be one of the first in the area with one. And purchased one with no hesitation. Going on Minelabs reputation as the best. I hve no regrets.

I've put many hours swinging it. I've found more gold in months with the 7k than in years with the 5k.

Weather it be more knowledge and experience on my behalf. Right location. Or is it the machine. I believe it is all 3.

But I felt at home and comfortable with the 7k right away. I felt I spoke it's subtle language. Sometimes it was a little hard to understand, but comes through loud and clear now.

Having a display in my face totally helps.

I love the wireless.

I would buy again.

NO REGRETS HERE.

• Like 6

Hi Steve,

I hasten to add that my reply had nothing to do with you.

I openly admire you for continually standing for the best of electronic prospecting

with your viewpoints and your questioning.

You have created an atmosphere here that gives me the incentive to speak up. 

There have been similar questions over years to Minelab that echo the points I mention.

The intent was not to do anything other than try to point out aspects of these superior machines

that can and should be fixed or made better.

Sincere best wishes

• Like 1

Hey Steve; I would trust your opinion no matter what brand...or if they gave you a free one or a discount; why? Because you have personality-sorry that's a song. Because you have intregrity and the same goes for Jonathan Porter!

Regarding my GPZ, I have a big bone to pick-I have not found a multi oz nugget with it.

But wait, I guess the detector only finds what is there, if it is there.

I do know that for me it is the nearest I have come to the perfect gold nugget detector. One machine, one coil, wireless, small gold, big gold, any gold; what more could I want?

fred

• Like 1

yeah, but what I really want is a multi-ounce nugget from OZ...

btw; ounce is one of those words I never remember how to spell so I just use oz...obviously you understood...I hope

fred

If anyone can find it Fred you can and you got the Gear to make it happen, fingers crossed for ya mate.

• Like 1

I have enjoyed the gpz 7000 but I'm not impressed with the issues that have come with it. The wireless speaker has failed on me, the headphones also now have to be sent back due to cracking sounds in the audio and to top it all off, the coil has been a major issue for me. I have also come across a few people with the same issue happening to them, not only once but twice.

The amount of money we put into these machines you'd just expect it to work! If you wanna see what I'm talking about with the coil issues, I made a quick video of the coil giving me signals on everything it touched. Here is the link http://youtu.be/0AddX4MAH1o

It just makes you nervous to keep the dam thing.

Yes it finds gold and yes I believe it's the best I've used, but honestly coil issues like that is making me feel quit uneasy, especially when it happens to a second coil (brand new)

Anyways happy hunting all!

Ivi

• Like 2