Gold Nugget Air Tests GMX 24K MX7 MXT V3i

from Whites Electronics.........enjoy,

Jeff

• Like 5

Since I'm not going to risk a large fine by venturing 'out', this was a bit of fun. Hope I'm not the only one who has run a machine over my back yard and front lawn. Hot tip, use a small coil and check under the washing line.. 

• Like 1

Interesting they put the 6” round concentric on the GMX and 6 x 10 DD on the 24K, making it seem like the GMX gets more depth, even though they are the same detector. There actually is a 6” concentric for all models used in the test, which would be more apples to apples. Some of what you are seeing here is coil differences, not detector differences.

• Like 6

Now, if Minelab and Garrett would do some instructional videos and commercials with a delightful person like the tester in this very fun video.........would they sell even more detectors???

Hopefully phrunt does NOT watch this video!

Steve, I guess they just wanted to use the stock coils. They are the same detector except for the color, battery system and waterproof baffling on the GMX speaker

Karelian, I am going to break the law, leave my county (the county line is two blocks away so what the heck) sneak off to the high mountains two hours away and try to find some more of the beautiful shiny stuff since she did such a good job of testing the GM24K/GMX Sport. I didn't get stopped last time so I will probably be okay this time too. My GM24K is hungry.

I have done the backyard thing several times but not under the washing line. I found a 1919 wheat penny next to where I buried one of my cats.

Jeff

So by these tests all I need is the 6" concentric coil. No need to get the 6x10 coil for more depth on jewelry. Now all I need is an 8" or 9" round concentric coil would be perfect to get deeper on gold rings.

• Like 1

The 6 x 10 DD is for high mineral ground, will pull ahead of the concentric in the worst ground. Air tests only tell part of the story, duplicating "no mineral" ground conditions. That's good enough for lots of people, especially loamy park type hunters. Not so useful for me as I get half the depth these air tests show.

whites-air-test.jpg

• Like 3

My ground is mild so I get the depth but no gold nuggets so I hunt for jewelry.

dd coils are better than concentrics in high mineral ground. I always thought that. So why did the 24k/GMX come with a concentric coil? It's a nice coil for me. So that's why everybody wants the 4x6 dd coil. I get it now :).

2 hours ago, Rick N. MI said:

My ground is mild so I get the depth but no gold nuggets so I hunt for jewelry.

dd coils are better than concentrics in high mineral ground. I always thought that. So why did the 24k/GMX come with a concentric coil? It's a nice coil for me. So that's why everybody wants the 4x6 dd coil. I get it now 🙂.

The concentric is exceptionally hot on tiny gold and still works fine in the worst ground, just not as good as a DD. When nugget detecting 1/4” or 1/2” is a big difference one way or the other. And most people who buy nugget detectors never really do that much detecting or know the difference anyway. As I have noted much of my ground is mild and the concentric would be my main coil. A lot of ground in the U.S. is not that bad. My haunts in Alaska were like New Zealand, very low mineral, and concentric the way to go. But there is magnetite serpentine ground in the Sierras as bad as anything in Australia. That’s when the DD comes in handy.

• Like 2

I hate serpentines. I hate their beady little eyes, I hate their flicking forked tongues, I hate how they slither around your feet, I hate... Oh goodness me, I must be suffering from cabin fever... HH Jim

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

I started out watching the video but over time I found myself watching the young lady. I think it would be best to have someone butt ugly in a video like this. Just maybe I’d spend more time trying to figure out what they want to show and tell.

This is not the first time we have had a Lady on here talking about a detector but you could see she was all business.

Just maybe one day I will find a place where nuggets float in the air .

Chuck 

PS May 15 th is my birthday and I hope that’s the only disappointment I have or see .

• Like 1