Hunted Paul’s neck of the woods for 5 hours in search of that gold or bust coin. No luck only dug up the usual targets you find at old settlements.The last time I dug up old coins here was back in 2005 when I dug up a 1816 2 reale which is rare to find here in this part of California (Central Valley) and a 1850 French coin with the explorer Xs.  Both coins now at the county museum with Paul’s finds.

The ground here is  fertilized dirt 700-800gb and the MDT handled it well. The iron isn’t as bad as the dry river dump site where I get overload message on the MDT over large iron.   It was great to get out to do some hunting,  beautiful weather and weeds were not a problem.   Better luck next time.

Denny

B6491869-C6D0-4AD9-83E2-0EBA4DA25FCF.jpeg

• Like 5

Denny

Sorry I missed your post.  Generally I hit the unread content button but your post must have been buried quickly by other forum threads.

I have always told Paul that someday I will go west for a hunt.  The territory you guys hunt is just awesome looking to a Michigander like me.  Your hills are a lot bigger than ours though.😰

Congrats on getting out for a hunt.  As to the finds, it shows you know were in a good area and there's always next time.

Tom

Nice hunt. In northern Michigan still waiting for it to get a little warmer. I like the square nails.