What's The Nugget Market Like Now?

Here is a nugget auction ending tomorrow.  It is a:

Attractive, Knobby Australian Gold Nugget
3.37 Troy Ounces

Large Gold Nugget, 104.8 grams. This textured, large, and heavy nugget is honeycombed with crevices and hollows that provide an interesting view from any perspective. Spectacular yellow-gold color displays a slight greenish hue. Microscopic glimpses of host dust hide in two or three of the deepest recesses. This nugget was found in Victoria, Australia, and it certainly has the classic "look" and character of Australian gold. It weighs in at a respectable 104.8 grams (3.37 troy ounces) and measures approximately 1.625 x 1.125 inches (41.28 mm x 25.58 mm).

Learn more at the Newman Numismatic Portal at Washington University in St. Louis.

Nuggets, Large Gold Nugget, 104.8 grams....

You can bid here!  

https://coins.ha.com/itm/nuggets/large-gold-nugget-1048-grams/a/1314-4261.s?type=CollectorsCorner1314

Someone wrecked a nice nugget by buffing, sacrilege but I guess beauties in the eye of the buyer.

• Like 2

Talking about wrecking a nugget.... I was showing a mate a couple of 1/2 ounce nuggets to a mate and forgot i'd left them in my pocket. My wife refuses to check my pants pockets so they went through the wash. The sharp edges of the nuggets were rounded off, i guess it was from tumbling around in the (front load) washing machine.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

Jin

You can't tell a story like that without 'evidence!'  haha

Mitchel

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A bit Similar to Jin's post above.

SVMBO, found a nugget that looked Like a Boomerang  great I said, I'll join a club and weld a loop on the top and get a gold chain so you can wear it around your neck.

Well, I did and I did and I did, it turned out looking like a bent stick, because I welded the loop on one of the ends not in the middle and the heat changed its shaped.

She never wore it and it went to a dealer a few years ago.

• Haha 1
  • Oh my! 1

With 2 hours left:

$7,250w/ Buyer's Premium (BP) : $8,700.00

20 hours ago, Jin said:

Talking about wrecking a nugget.... I was showing a mate a couple of 1/2 ounce nuggets to a mate and forgot i'd left them in my pocket. My wife refuses to check my pants pockets so they went through the wash. The sharp edges of the nuggets were rounded off, i guess it was from tumbling around in the (front load) washing machine.

Your lucky my wife keeps everything she finds in my pockets.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, mn90403 said:

With 2 hours left:

$7,250w/ Buyer's Premium (BP) : $8,700.00

I guess that was the final price?

Nice Nugget, with that selling price of $7250, it went for a little over $69 a gram at todays prices, not to bad.....   Gold is steadily climbing. I believe once the economy gets back to normal, it will go back down. How many of you are selling ?

Dave

3 minutes ago, DolanDave said:

Nice Nugget, with that selling price of $7250, it went for a little over $69 a gram at todays prices, not to bad.....   Gold is steadily climbing. I believe once the economy gets back to normal, it will go back down. How many of you are selling ?

Dave

The total price was $8700.