More From Gold Basin

Nice finds, Clark! Love that nugget!

Jim

• Like 1

Now you are on to the meteorites!  Most of them I find any more are apart from the gold patches because most of the meteorites are 'towards' the helicopter area and the gold is towards Senator Mountain but they cross in there somewhere!  haha

• Like 1

Now thats a great day 1515Art... congrats...  That last pic with a little piece thats shiny, what is that, meteorite ?? , hard to tell from pic. Did it respond to detector and magnet different that the other meteorites???

Thanks,

Dave

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DolanDave said:

Now thats a great day 1515Art... congrats...  That last pic with a little piece thats shiny, what is that, meteorite ?? , hard to tell from pic. Did it respond to detector and magnet different that the other meteorites???

Thanks,

Dave

Dave it sounded like a soft little repeatable high/low about a deep boot scrape down up on top of a small ridge near some brush, took a few try’s to get it in the scoop and I only dropped it in my nugget jar because it was so little, but it had a definite good dig me signal. Until I got home I thought it was from a 22 snake shot, then I saw a little matrix stuck around part of the blob and the fat side had a bluish patina the small side more rusted and strangely the small side prefers the magnet. I can’t weigh it on the gram scale I’ll have to find the one that does cts to know how much but it’s amazingly small to have hit so well I think. I had a really hard time getting clear pictures with my crap phone and tablet but this is a little better, it could be anything I guess, but sure seems to look like a bit of oxidized nickel and iron with a bit of matrix and possibly a little thumbprint on the bigger blob... you have to use a little imagination here I guess.

8FE79551-04DE-4A23-A8F5-BF40E0D5141A.thumb.jpeg.0b4f480073d03ed1010f2b3ffb322e58.jpeg84EFDDF5-72D5-4210-B930-E3CB7A181068.thumb.jpeg.c42f7b2b02b5c4872e1c85deabc78aa8.jpeg5EBBA479-7FD0-409C-AC90-6BC60F816DC7.thumb.jpeg.d6c048cc707552b2398519cc2d52612f.jpeg105E9CEE-FE0E-4812-B8F4-C31A77C0AA2D.thumb.png.eed33f5091b224a33db6a0bc2d52abe3.png8C07DC18-ED46-4E09-8F2A-221B9FF0699E.thumb.jpeg.0da83ba920559f2202e7cc12d7137bb3.jpeg

• Like 2

16 hours ago, LuckyLundy said:

WTG!  That’s one of my favor places out there!  Just wish it was closer!

Rick

Thanks Rick, I miss the gold hunting up north, but love the trade off for the short drive and am liking it better as I begin to learn my way around.

7 hours ago, Jim in Idaho said:

Nice finds, Clark! Love that nugget!

Jim

thanks Jim, I’m hoping for little patch one of these days and one of those multi ounce fatties, gotta dream in the mean time this will keep me 😃.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Now you are on to the meteorites!  Most of them I find any more are apart from the gold patches because most of the meteorites are 'towards' the helicopter area and the gold is towards Senator Mountain but they cross in there somewhere!  haha

Now that I’ve had one in my hand it’s a lot easier to spot them, before everything was a meteorite now just half of everything looks like one, the golds a lot tougher but can’t help but love to see even the tiniest flash of shiny yellow after a long day of hot rocks, lead and bits of iron rust.

• Like 2