Gm24k And The GMX Sport

Greetings to All.

I know the GMX is waterproof, but I am trying to tell if the GM24k and GMX Sport are otherwise the same machines.

I'm not very tech savvy (but working on it), so if anyone can enlighten this poor soul, I would be very grateful.

They are the same. One waterproof the other not.

• Like 1

The MX Sport is a lower frequency machine for relic and coin hunting, GMX Sport is the gold machine version and both are the same waterproof design. Would be along the idea of Garrets AT Pro or Max and AT Gold. or the Kruzer and Kruzer gold.

Good when companies common parts when possible across the product lines as it gives consistency to the products and reduces product costs.

I have a GM24K and I have swung the GMX Sport. The 24K is in the MX7 housing and the GMX is in the MX Sport housing. The 24K is lighter than the GMX which is not necessarily better or worse. The colors are different, the external speakers sound different because of extra waterproofing on the GMX and the battery case is different. Otherwise, everything else is exactly the same and if you put the same coil on both they will detect exactly the same. 

Jeff

• Like 1