External Power Bank

lost

Just wondering If anyone has used a External Power Bank. 1. What kind did you buy and what size mAh? 2. If so how did you attach it to the detector and where? 3. How did it work if you just used it for charging both the head set and the detector?

I just got a RNB Innovations Power Nox  Which mounts in back and under the arm cuff with the arm cuff bolt and a snap clip around the shaft. It delivers 2x the capacity of the equinox battery. I keep the magnetic charge cable on the shaft but I’m not clear about if it should remain “plugged” into the control unit or just in use. 
   Can’t say much more about it but so far I like it

3C6A0631-DE1A-46B3-8B9D-BDBE6C63B3A3.jpeg

3 hours ago, relicmeister said:

I just got a RNB Innovations Power Nox  Which mounts in back and under the arm cuff with the arm cuff bolt and a snap clip around the shaft. It delivers 2x the capacity of the equinox battery. I keep the magnetic charge cable on the shaft but I’m not clear about if it should remain “plugged” into the control unit or just in use. 
   Can’t say much more about it but so far I like it

3C6A0631-DE1A-46B3-8B9D-BDBE6C63B3A3.jpeg

Just don't get caught in the rain or set it down on tall wet grass with it attached.  It is not weatherproof.

• 2 years later...

I've just ordered a external nox

Battery because I can't turn my nox off ,it ok once turned on but freezes when I turn it off so I will remove the original battery and fit the external battery which has a switch ,I hope this works as it's a lot cheaper than buying a control box.