You Don't Miss Something Until It's Gone

Yes the old saying is true most of the time.  Well pump goes out and you miss the convenience of water when you are thirsty.   Well my F-Pulse started acting up with erratic beeping.  Put a fresh set of batteries in and still it was not acting right.  Decided to leave the batteries out overnight and the pointer actually started working but within a few minutes the same thing.  Thinking oh no, I bet the warranty has expired, I frantically searched until I found my paperwork and it looks like I have 3 weeks until the 2 year warranty expires. Contacted customer support, via email and Felix emailed me back with the needed RMA number and instructions for repair etc of the unit.  He also stated, that they were not doing any hobby repairs due to the city being closed down but he assured me that my warranty would be honored regardless of when they actually get to check my pinpointer. 

Now I will say, I never missed this pointer until I had to start using my backup.  The F-Pulse gave me a lot better performance in the bad ground areas where I hunt.  I sure miss it a lot.

• Like 3

Mark,

Life lessons seem to show up at the most inopportune moments but they are really finding us when we are most vulnerable and will remember them most!!!

Joe

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Fantastic news, the pinpointer has returned.  I will say, 1st Texas has always done me right on warranty issues.

:smile: 

• Like 6

I’m glad you got your pinpointer back Mark. I’m still using my F-Pulse Mark I for just over two years now and have never had an issue with it. Must have got lucky I guess as I bought one of the very first retail models I could find when it came out. Got a lot of hours on it, it’s been to England twice, I’m definitely happy with it. I still have my Carrot and like it a lot also, but I just always seem to grab the F-Pulse. Like you say, just that little bit of extra punch in my ground.

fisher-f-pulse-metal-detecting-pinpointer.jpg

• Like 1

At this point, it's the best I've ever used.  You're right Steve, it has a little extra depth too.