Sign in to follow this  
Bash

First Liberty Head Nickel

I've dug rougher!  At least you can see the date easily.  NICE!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Pretty good condition! I found a year later version this week. Kind like those 'v' nickels. Nice Find!

JIm

• Like 2

Great job!!  Sure wish I could find a 'V' Nickel, It's on my list. Congrats!!

• Like 1

Nice one, V nickels must be on sale this week lol

• Like 2

Never dug one that nice.  The ground where I live really eats up both nickels and the old copper coins.  And even war nickels at some sites.

Very nice, and don't look to bad at all.

Keep up the good work!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      A reference collection of threads about the Minelab Equinox, grouped into rough categories.
      Minelab Equinox 600 Data & User Reviews
      Minelab Equinox 800 Data & User Reviews
      Minelab Equinox Software Update 1.7.5 Released
      Minelab Equinox Software Update 2.1.12 Released
      Equinox 600 / 800 Full Instruction Manual (English pdf 5.59 MB)
      Equinox 600 / 800 Getting Started Guide (English pdf 847.71 KB)
      Equinox Battery Charging Recommendations And Warnings
      Minelab Equinox Parts & Accessories Page
      Some Equinox Videos Done By Purchasers
      Can I Be Critical Of The Equinox Here?
      Equinox 600 Versus Equinox 800
      Minelab E-trac, CTX 3030, Excalibur Versus Equinox
      Minelab Multi-IQ Technology Explained
      Selectable Frequency And Multiple Frequency
      Tips For Getting Started
      Equinox and Electrical Interference (EMI)
      Short Bursts Of Intense Static Or Interference
      More Tips For Getting Started 
      Even More Getting Started Tips
      Latest Tips For Getting Started
      And Yet Another Getting Started Tip
      Loose Rods, Wobbly Rods, Rod Flex
      Important Tip - Global Vs Local Settings
      Minelab Equinox Factory Presets
      Minelab Equinox Tones & Advanced Tone Options
      Video - Adjusting Zones, Tones, & Tone Volumes On Equinox
      External Speaker Not Turning Off When I Plug In Wired Headphones
      Headphones That Work With Nearly All Detectors
      Equinox Recovery ( Detect Speed ) Settings
      Recovery Speed & Target Masking
      Recovery Speed & The Conveyor Belt
      Ground Balancing The Minelab Equinox
      Equinox High Mineral Tips
      If The Audio Is Open Gate Or The Snap Shot Type ?
      Iron Bias - What It Is
      Why Only 50 Points Of Target ID Resolution?
      Nickels Versus Tabs
      Bottlecaps & Equinox
      Target ID Normalization
      Some Minelab Equinox VDI Numbers
      Another Equinox Target ID Chart
      Target ID Numbers Can Vary With Search Profile & Frequency
      More reference links below the ad.....
      ads by Amazon...
      UK Target ID Numbers
      Canadian Target ID Numbers
      Australian Target ID Numbers
      Jewelry Target ID Numbers & Tones
      How Metal Detector Discrimination Works
      Iron Falsing
      A New Way To Do 50 Tone Audio
      Is Park 2 The Magic Mode??
      Park 2 Compared To Field 1 Or Field 2?
      Park 1 & Field 1 versus Park 2 & Field 2
      Multi-IQ Frequency Weighting Differences Between Park & Field Modes
      Number Of Saved Profile Slots For Custom Settings
      User Profile Button
      Gold Nugget Detecting Tips
      More Tips On Nugget Detecting With Equinox
      More Equinox Gold Prospecting Tips
      So What Is Gold Mode Exactly?
      Equinox First Gold Nugget Photos
      My First Equinox Gold Nuggets
      Equinox, Micro Nuggets
      Target ID Numbers For Gold Nuggets & Gold Jewelry
      Complete Set Of Equinox Physical Measurements
      Remove Or Reposition Equinox Handle & Pod Assembly?
      Waterproof Connections & Audio Jack Sizes
      Equinox, Lithium Batteries, & Air Travel
      Equinox Battery Life Test
      Minelab ML80 Wireless Headphones
      Check ML80 Battery Level
      Equinox Future Firmware Updates
      Minelab Discount For U.S. Military
      2018 - Year Of The Equinox!
      Minelab Equinox - The Best All Around Detector I Have Ever Used!
      The Simple Reason Why Equinox Is Special
      The Video I Have Most Enjoyed So Far - What Makes Equinox Special
      I Saw In A Video Where Equinox Got Beat By....
      Early Minelab Testers Question??
      Equinox 800 - My Take, Commentary, And Testing
      Is The Equinox A Deep Seeking Machine??
      Gold Coin Found With Equinox

• By Steve Herschbach
      Minelab has five key products under development. It should be a pretty good bet that with the CTX 3030 being so old it does not even appear on the timeline below, that a product refresh is in the works. We also all know Multi-IQ was a big success. And one thing I know about Minelab, is the V2 version of anything is the one to die for. They usually come out with something totally new as proof of concept, and then the next version or two refines that into everything it really can be.
      The main question I have is the hardware. Will the new model still use the existing CTX housing? It’s a little heavy, but well balanced, and does allow for much more battery capacity. Or do they use the Equinox design? Hard to imagine in an upscale model, so I’d kind of doubt that. Something brand new, with the best features of CTX, but lighter weight? A new design would help keep the price down, which is a key now if you really want a best seller.

New Minelab Ultimate

The most requested thing in Equinox is more target range, so mating a CTX type display with Multi-IQ would seem a bit of a no-brainer. All I know is that if a Minelab can successfully put the best of CTX and Equinox together in a single detector, something that would make owners of either of those detectors want one, it could be another major home run for Minelab. And yes, it is the next detector that I personally am waiting for, now that I finally got an Impulse in my hands. Well, and whatever follows the GPZ 7000. Impulse plus CTX replacement plus GPZ follow up is what I’m shooting for as my future personal lineup.

• By Dances With Doves
      I buried my 1.2 ounce 14k yellow gold   chain at measured 10" in very wet    dirt and tried pk1 sens.21 50 tone recovery 4 and F2-7 which I never use in     turf and a got a soft but   not bad signal with mostly a 2id with almost no  iron id showing up.i would dig this if I was going for chains. That is more then I expected for park 1 with high iron bias.This is the  limit for this target for a    signal you would dig on target information.
    • By Phoenix50
      I like a bit of a challenge and, during the recent lockdown here in Oz, I decided to tune my Nox 800 to hunting just threepences.  For those who don't know, a threepence used to be Australia's smallest silver coin before converting to decimal currency in 1966.  They weigh about 1.3 grams and are 16mm in diameter.  Once free to roam, i went to an old goldfield  that lasted from 1855 to the late 1930's.  There were a couple of old homesteads in the area that lasted until the mid 1970's.  I figured i had pretty well worked out the best settings for the coin and was pleased that, after a full day's hunt,  I detected 14 of the little beggars.  I didn't get back to put in other hunt for larger coins as it persistently rained for the next three days and I was lucky to get my vehicle and caravan out through the resulting boggy bush tracks.  Still, I have narrowed down several old homesites and, what I believe was, an old pub site. Now for another leave pass from the Minister for War. 

• By Dances With Doves
      I tried  the gold chain from my Gmx test with my 11" coil on my nox and this machine just walloped it on multi freq. gold2 mode with sens. at 22.It gave me the proper #4 id mostly on this 7" target with a few 3or 5 numbers if I was off center a bit.I could raise   the coil over 10" and    still get it.In 20 kz. at 22  sens. it hit it very hard with  very bouncy  id from 2to  11  .In 40 kz. at max sens.  it pounded it very hard also with less bouncy id from 2to 8. I am very impressed with this mode on this target.
    • By Walter S. Fowler
      Just throwing this out in case anyone else has had this problem or for future reference.in case anyone has it in the future.  I bought my Equinox 800 in April 2018 and it has been great with no problems until  a month ago. I started getting problems ground balancing and getting very different ground balancing numbers even over the same ground.  I tried factory reset but didn't help .  Also, it didn't always have the problem. I called Minelab and they had me send control pod and 11" coil to their service center in PA. in early June as it was under warranty.  (thankfully). After getting message they had it and processing might be delayed due to Colvid-19 issues I finally heard back from them July 7.  They indicated "after much testing the unit has begun showing issues.  However, the issue is very sporadic and does it when it decides too.  The issue is a ground balance issue. When trying to ground balance the unit it will ground balance correctly.  The unit will be wildly off in the 80's.  Next it will ground bale to 0, all in the same location of a couple of feet. The difficulty of pin pointing it however is that it seems to do it even when replacing an item.  Our test coil will experience the same issue on the customer's pod.  The I tried the customer's coil on our control pod and will experience the issue again.  I have done factory resets and reloaded the latest firmware to insure it was not just a software problem. Out of an abundance of caution, I strongly recommend the replacement of both the coil and the control pod.   NOTE: There will be a delay on the control pod as there are parts difficulties due to Covid-19. Once art is received  we will update the ticket and return the unit to the customer."  This all was very weird.  I recontacted Minelab about what the new timeframe might be for getting my detector back and why I just couldn't have them send me a brand new detector(minus wireless headphones] .  No response back as yet.