New SDC Shorting Out?

First time out with my new SDC and the damn thing shorts out every time I set it down or bump it?  Then it starts it's warm up all over again and I continue to hunt until I gently bump it or set it down again?  Seems to have got better towards end of 4 hr hunt where I only dug about 35 targets (no gold).  It might be the batteries not making good connection but I did have the trap door completely shut.  Anyone else ever have this issue before with the SDC????  Hate to have to send it in...…   

Loose batteries are a known SDC issue. Try wrapping tape around them so they fit tighter in the holder.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When I  had one it had the same problem from new I  just put a few wraps of packing tape around the batteries so they were tight, on the battery that I put in first I also taped a length of ribbon, long enough to assist in pulling the tightly fitting batteries out for charging otherwise they were hard to remove.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Normal issue with some of the battery size variances - I eventually just switched to the lithium adapter kits you can find around. If you need an immediate quick fix just throw in some alkalines.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys....I appreciate the info and will tape em up!!!!!!

• Like 1

I have a 2300 that I use rarely.  It still has that issue.  I've taped batteries and upgraded.  If I ever use it again I'll need to study the battery case and the 'silly' springs/contacts and determine why my unit still loses power.

Will that make it easier to swing?  haha

They have used one repeatedly on the Parker's Gold Trail and I know they work but ... I should do the Norvic manuver on mine.