New SDC Shorting Out?

I have never considered taping the batteries, it never occured to me, and that will definately work, but this way has always worked for me. I cut a couple of strips out of a plastic drink bottle, and this solves the problem fine.   Dave

Lunk showed me that if you cut off the end of a plastic spoon and wedge it in between the batteries it should solve the problem...it’s a great machine otherwise...loose batteries as the others have said. 

strick 

27 minutes ago, strick said:

Lunk showed me that if you cut off the end of a plastic spoon and wedge it in between the batteries it should solve the problem...it’s a great machine otherwise...loose batteries as the others have said. 

strick 

Which portion of the spoon and you wedge it between the battery and the case?  (I knew someone had engineered a fix!)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mn90403 said:

Which portion of the spoon and you wedge it between the battery and the case?  (I knew someone had engineered a fix!)

The end you put in your mouth....

strick

Hey Guys,

This has been a long time issue.  The easiest way is just place a small piece of cardboard, or in my case part of my business card folded over a few times wedged between the top two batteries.  This will solve the issue.  I eventually started to sell the 6000mah batteries that had a bit larger terminal on top of each battery vs. the stock Minelab ones. 

I had one customer do the tape deal, put too much tape on and wedged the battery all the way in.  Talk about trying to get that battery out .... 😞 

I haven't found a good source for Li-Ion batteries and charger here in the US.

Rob

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1