Well done. The gold and silver ring might be spot plated or could be just gold and silver. You can tell if you take a loupe to it and look along the edges. Spot plated will have signs of wear and edges won't be crisp like 2 metals. 2 metal castings are tricky. they make secondary part and attach to a wax part then go through the usual lost wax for the primary. All gold ring looks like it has amethyst.

Did your wife claim them yet? hehe

• Like 1

The gold ring has a pale red stone, Looks like a cheap ruby to me. The silver is a purple stone kinda nice but could be glass, I'm no stone expert. The Tiffany looks crisp around the gold part. How do they attach two dissimilar metals? And yes my wife performed the mandatory confiscation. She would be at the jewelry store now to get them sized if they were open. It's funny how she wont put the dirty clad in her purse 🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tiffany would be 14k and 925.

The blue one might be a modern sapphire . Other looks like amethyst, rubies are usually super red.

I'm lucky if I find half dozen rings in a year of any quality. You found all those in a couple of hours!

Hate to say it but you should be slothing through that field in Gen Mode 19kzh and pick up the ear rings, bracelets and pendents lost. Place is probably loaded. Grass will be happy when you pull all that aluminum out hehe

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dogodog said:

Days like this are very rare for me and the MK has made detecting a lot of fun. Topping this day might take a few years.

Great finds, and for a short hunt!  I have a feeling you'll be back there (today).  😄

Are those small diamonds on the gold ring?  I'd get that one checked out by a reliable jeweler.

Do you know how far back in time this was used for carnivals?  Your coins don't look that old, but then again you only spent 1 1/2 hours there with your new Kruzer.

• Like 1

Sweet rings...so nice.

• Like 1

GB,

The fair has been going on since the 1960's and still continues today. I was assuming that this place would have been hunted a lot but turns out maybe never. As for the diamonds I think they are but when my friends jewelry store opens back up I'll have him look at the rings. Coins are 1960 quarter and a bunch 1970's and 1 1984  and 1 2002. I might have to invite a few of you guys out to help me cover this place.( close to 20 acres)  The coins averaged about 5'' deep and the rings were about 2'' to 3'' deep. (maybe from last years fair). Raining cats and dogs today and 45 degrees, maybe tomorrow.

• Like 1

Very nice finds and presentation of the story.

Location, location, location.

Everyone is saying you had a short hunt.  You were there as a kid.  I'd say it has taken you a lifetime to hunt this location and there may be more waiting for you.

Good luck with it.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Simon, Mn, Kac, GB and everyone else, I'm looking forward to seeing your post lock down finds. I'm pretty sure they will be a lot better than mine. Everyone on this forum has been a great help to me in the short time I've been a member. So keep the stories, info and finds coming. 

• Thanks 1