Yes! New Coils For GPZ 7000!!!

Hey Scott,

If NuggetFinder has found a way to get around the "cutting of the cord" and the "X-coil modification" then it will be a hot seller.  I will definitely be in the market for one along with probably every customer that purchased a GPZ 7000 from us.  

I'm not saying the X-coil deal is hard, but the majority of us don't have a spare coil to destroy, or the cash to purchase a new coil to just get the cable/chip off of it to use a X-coil. 

Just my thoughts,

Rob

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Rob Allison said:

Hey Scott,

If NuggetFinder has found a way to get around the "cutting of the cord" and the "X-coil modification" then it will be a hot seller.  I will definitely be in the market for one along with probably every customer that purchased a GPZ 7000 from us.  

I'm not saying the X-coil deal is hard, but the majority of us don't have a spare coil to destroy, or the cash to purchase a new coil to just get the cable/chip off of it to use a X-coil. 

Just my thoughts,

Rob

You don't destroy anything.  You splice a cable, put a GPX connector on the old coil and everything works fine.  The Xcoil and the ML coil will just be sharing the same chip depending on which coil you want to use.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mn90403 said:

You splice a cable, put a GPX connector on the old coil

Just to be clear. I am not willing to do that - so this upcoming NF coil will be of great interest.

• Like 5

20 minutes ago, flakmagnet said:

Just to be clear. I am not willing to do that - so this upcoming NF coil will be of great interest.

I kinda hope we have the option to buy the NF coils made for the Zed and it already has a female GPX connector option.  I could attach it now and not need anything else.

• Like 1

MN would be good if the NF is so, but even better for most I have a suspicion it is going to have the ML chip, which if so will be because it has been probably  dumbed down to ML specs, thus will better suit the wider market.

Come on NF send me one to put up against the X coils be an unbiased non-commercial view, I`ll buy it full price if it stacks up. Folks keep your eye on Coiltek, remember NF was trialling SDC coils way back then suddenly Coiltek had them to buy.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Norvic said:

MN would be good if the NF is so, but even better for most I have a suspicion it is going to have the ML chip, which if so will be because it has been probably  dumbed down to ML specs, thus will better suit the wider market.

Come on NF send me one to put up against the X coils be an unbiased non-commercial view, I`ll buy it full price if it stacks up. Folks keep your eye on Coiltek, remember NF was trialling SDC coils way back then suddenly Coiltek had them to buy.

How could you know one way or the other if the ‘chip’ can dumb down a coil on a GPZ, and if so why would ML even consider dumbing a coil down through the chip in the first place? Just looking at it logically for a second,  I fail to see how it would be in ML’s interest to ever have their detector seem unfavourable in any situation regardless of the coil attached and is most likely the primary reason for the chip. If anything it would be the other way around with (from ML’s perspective) the very undesirable situation currently happening with adapters being made and zero control over coils being made. 

ML could easily make the coils a lot more sensitive but then a VERY high proportion of customers will find themselves with an unusable metal detector in a much higher percentage of ground types world wide. I know this because I spent countless hours testing coils during the development, there is a science to developing coils for the GPZ that is far more involved than coils made for SD/GP/GPX tech.

Electronically, Saturation and X/Ferrite signals need to be dealt with, this is an immutable primary design rule on any ML coil during development and goes a long way to explaining the GPZ coil weights. As it currently stands there are areas that the standard GPZ coils struggle even with all the strict checks and measures in place and is why you can select less aggressive Ground and Gold Type modes. 

I could say more on this subject but will refrain for fear of the subject getting out of hand. 

JP

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1