Rnb Battery On Kruzer & Amphibio?

One my beefs with the Kruzer is the battery life in the Multi Kruzer especially in low frequencies even though you get close to a full day run time it is nice not have to recharge every time your done.

I went and got the external battery for it which balances the machine even better but also noticed they use the same battery pack as the Garrett AT series detectors.

I think I will use my RnB litho battery on it to see how long it lasts and see if the battery life indicator shows battery life (something the standard rechargeable lithium batteries don't do).

Should work as the voltage is the same, has anyone tried this before?

Batteries used in the Kruzer, Anfibio, Simplex are just small batteries like those found in cellphones.

But, it is known and mentioned in the manual etc. that when using the low frequency, it consumes more battery power. The batteries won't last as long.

A higher mah capacity external battery would provide much longer run times between charges

• Like 1

I noticed the battery holder for the external case uses 4 aa batteries and is identical to the ones used by Garrett. That same setup and side is the RnB battery for the AT series machines so guessing it should be fine. On the AT Pro I get nearly 40 hours on a single charge with the RnB.

Is the battery the same or just the case? if its just the battery assembly and it fits the case housing it should work out. I'm pretty sure the main battery on the MK has to be dead in order for the reserve battery to work.

Ran the RnB that wasn't at full charge as I had it on my ATP since last winter. Battery ran strong at full power for bit longer than 20 hours. Downside is it doesn't report back the life to the battery indicator but no biggie as I still have the internal.

May give the AA rechargeable BlackUbe's a go and see how long they run. In either case they should save wear and tear on the internal battery.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Last update on this. Fully charged BlackUbe Lithium rechargeable AA's last about 1 1/2 days which is almost double the internal. RnB are double that. Based this off of 19khz mode.

Price wise RnB pack is around $80 and the BlackUbes are around $25. Both reliable companies with quality products.