Five Minutes To The Gold Fields

strick

It would be a great title to a hand book on hunting urban parks. Feel free to use it you authors out there.  The CTX 3030 is a very powerful gold machine (heard that before?) Extreme depth is not required ... Just dig those low tones but like hunting nuggets you will dig lots of trash.  Two sterling silver rings and two gold...one 10K and the other 14k  with small diamonds this weekend just a few hours at two local parks. Good hunting to you all.  Hoping to hit the real gold fields soon but until then I'll take what I can get.

strick

20150915_081734 (Medium).jpg

• Like 8

Wowza...good on ya Strick!

• Like 1

Great detecting, Strick!

I know that I leave some targets like that behind due to their numbers and tones being close to pull tabs,etc. I dug a ring the other day because I decided to dig those lower numbers just to see what I was missing. I dug lots of foil and tabs but also nailed the ring. You are right, if you want to dig gold rings and things you must approach it like prospecting and be willing to dig some trash too.

Nice finds.Thanks for sharing...it makes me a better detector.

Dean

• Like 1

The urban gold fields are still producing. One last hunt before we head for the hills next weekend. The necklace weighs 14.5 grams. Good hunting everyone!

strick

post-351-0-89081600-1442809183_thumb.jpg

• Like 2