First Minute First Target

It's a wheel kit for a power broom. The power broom is to move dirt off bedrock to get to the gold. Interesting use for a battery-powered broom.

Jim

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Northeast said:

The wheel kit?   I’m sorry but, what the hell is it?   🤷‍♂️

I ordered a brush broom they sent me this by mistake and I decided long as I had one to see what it would do prospecting? The wheel set is indestructible, broom runs on a 56v battery jury’s still out if the broom will last or explode from the abuse? 
E49AB93D-1A45-4780-9D8A-93B1BD193122.thumb.jpeg.918ccba4c35bd6ffaa1ae3cecef827f2.jpegFD2686AD-22D3-4F53-8AC4-9909D23BC48D.thumb.png.8d69735648a774ec0f2db66c8cdb890e.png

• Like 1

Hey Clark. Send me a pic of the underside of that broom, when you get a chance. A closeup, too.

Thanks,

Jim

• Like 1

Love that nugget Clark! once again its nice to see you are finding your way around down there...I guess you got to watch out for snakes wherever you go this time of year so be careful...I dont remember if I told you that Buddy got smacked by a rattler last year..messed him up for a couple days but he pulled through just fine...hope he learned his lesson...we were working couple days ago and I usually tie him to the truck...big 5 foot gopher snake comes strolling along and he did not see it till I moved it off into a gully (the women were freaking out) ...after seeing that he put himself as far away as he could from where the snake was...lol 

strick

• Like 2

Glad he pulled through, Strick. Where was he bitten? I have get Heidi a rattler shot every year, but I still worry about her. Mainly because she runs around, and would probably run right over one....LOL

Jim

1 hour ago, Jim in Idaho said:

Hey Clark. Send me a pic of the underside of that broom, when you get a chance. A closeup, too.

Thanks,

Jim

Jim, this is the rubber broom attachment for the power head, the bristle broom is the exact same thing just different brushes I think are interchangeable I’m just not sure they sell them separately.

01F0B512-10F6-41FD-B1AF-9865E6313533.thumb.jpeg.1d823f12dc8020da95edbf3f0996224d.jpeg

58 minutes ago, strick said:

Love that nugget Clark! once again its nice to see you are finding your way around down there...I guess you got to watch out for snakes wherever you go this time of year so be careful...I dont remember if I told you that Buddy got smacked by a rattler last year..messed him up for a couple days but he pulled through just fine...hope he learned his lesson...we were working couple days ago and I usually tie him to the truck...big 5 foot gopher snake comes strolling along and he did not see it till I moved it off into a gully (the women were freaking out) ...after seeing that he put himself as far away as he could from where the snake was...lol 

strick

Thanks Chuck, the way things started thought the day was going to be epic, almost was except for the snake not the gold. I was clueless in front of that pissed off little bugger for way to long And looking back I have no idea how I escaped getting hit by him. Luckily it turned out just a good lesson I won’t let it happen again. I remember buddy getting bit amazing luck he pulled through...I’ll bet he’s cautious now. Chuck I’m starting to learn my way around a little, hopefully by the time you and Lisa make the pilgrimage to the Basin I’ll know what direction to point you in👍.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 1515Art said:

Jim, this is the rubber broom attachment for the power head, the bristle broom is the exact same thing just different brushes I think are interchangeable I’m just not sure they sell them separately.

01F0B512-10F6-41FD-B1AF-9865E6313533.thumb.jpeg.1d823f12dc8020da95edbf3f0996224d.jpeg

2 hours ago, 1515Art said:

I was thinking they probably used rubber. Ij told Chris it might make an interesting project, though with a 2hp Honda, and maybe more rigid paddles. Have to think about that.:-)

Jim

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Jim in Idaho said:

It's a wheel kit for a power broom. The power broom is to move dirt off bedrock to get to the gold. Interesting use for a battery-powered broom.

Jim

Not being a true prospector, I would not figure that out.

19 hours ago, 1515Art said:

brush broom they sent me this by mistake

Ah yes, I remember you showing that a little wile ago.   Stuck it on wheels - nice!  Hope it works well for you  😉

• Like 1