First Minute First Target

On 5/1/2020 at 8:18 AM, Jim in Idaho said:

Glad he pulled through, Strick. Where was he bitten? I have get Heidi a rattler shot every year, but I still worry about her. Mainly because she runs around, and would probably run right over one....LOL

Jim

Hey Jim he got bit on the muzzle..snake was only about 15 inches long..happened right next to me it was in a hallow log..the dog is always hunting and is really fond of lizards for some reason ...I thought he was after another lizard...he has 3 or so rattle snake vaccines...however he still swelled up and got lethargic really fast (he's only 18 pounds)...2.5 hour ride back home and he was looking more alert. We we gave him antivenin but he was looking better after some Benadryl so the antivenin may have un necessary..

would love to visit you over there some day clark...but in the mean time please keep sending those gold pics 😄

strick

• Like 2

Nice nice digs and thanks for sharing.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gerry in Idaho said:

Nice nice digs and thanks for sharing.

thanks Gerry, went back out again Tuesday and found one more tiny piece, managed to slip And fall against one of the Agave Spines Next to me when I looked down about 1/8” long stub of the spear was sticking out from the back of my left hand about 3/8” in diameter. I grabbed on to it and gave a tug it was stuck so I tugged again harder and it began to move a little so I kept pulling and the damn thing was about 1 1/2” long at least and went between the bones in the back of my hand And into my wrist. It didn’t hurt pulling it out about 15 seconds later it began to burn and pretty soon it began to swell up, made it tough to swing the 7000 I’m left handed, I thought this is gonna hurt tomorrow...it did.

DF9D6D40-29AB-4E49-86FB-065771D97534.thumb.jpeg.44fc133f99883a1b2e01ffc7307669a4.jpeg

I knocked off around 5pm the pain in my wrist was throbbing up my arm, driving on hideout rd I munched some beef jerky I had in the Jeep from last week drank some water then just about a mile before hitting the 93 I began to feel a little sick looking fo a place to pull over so I could get rid of the Jerky I’d just eaten things went grey, pulling over quickly I had time to get out walk to the back of the Jeep and a few seconds later everything went black. I felt my head hit the ground hard, then sunshine was in my eyes it felt comfortable for a split second until I remembered where I was. Couple ladies living across the street called the medics for me, they said I was out for about a minute the grey came and went but by the time the medics got there I was feeling better don’t know if it was the jerky or if I got my self dehydrated? Drove home without any more issue but I felt kind of beat up the next day.

• Oh my! 3

Ouch on that one!  

How is the hand?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 1515Art said:

...By the time the medics got there I was feeling better don’t know if it was the jerky or if I got my self dehydrated?

Could you have had a reaction to the puncture wound?  I realize from your description it was a few hours after that incident that you passed out.

Good to know you survived and are on the mend.  It doesn't take much imagination to realize it could have been a lot worse.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, mn90403 said:

Ouch on that one!  

How is the hand?

OK now just a tiny bit sore I really don’t notice it much, the next morning I was a bit concerned I could feel it almost up to my shoulder and it was swollen No unusual colors so that was good thought about going to the doc and by the next day it was a little better, another lesson stay clear of the big spines😩,lol.

38 minutes ago, GB_Amateur said:

Could you have had a reaction to the puncture wound?  I realize from your description it was a few hours after that incident that you passed out.

Good to know you survived and are on the mend.  It doesn't take much imagination to realize it could have been a lot worse.

I poked my hand in the early morning I was concerned there could be some allergic reaction thing, don’t know. Medics thought it was dehydration I drank at least a half gallon of water and a thermos of coffee, wore a big ol ladies sun hat from Target I cut the band off and had a evaporation scarf to keep me cool, I was comfortable all day? The jerky was on the moist side and sat in the Jeep in 100 temps for a week and sure came on like food poisoning? Vision changes were similar to one time a while back I accidentally ate some leftovers that had gone bad along with everything going grey the last time that hit my vision want fuzzy low definition amber too along with my blood pressure dropping, guess I’ll be more careful with my snacks...sure was tasty sweet spicy jerky. 

this is a really comfortable hat!

A571EB5A-702E-4BC3-AB7C-50173315DA62.thumb.jpeg.67921c79e066566a07a5d89f6d1f5972.jpegC72211AD-1B21-4470-9AD0-71D2EC3ACC0F.thumb.jpeg.7d36239e90ef9938665a3e85fabd502f.jpeg

• Like 1

Well, I really don't know what to say.  If I lived as 'close' to GB as you do I'd be out there a lot too.  It seems you are detecting the more challenged locations to find what a coil was not over.  The steepness and loose rocks can be too much.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mn90403 said:

It seems you are detecting the more challenged locations to find what a coil was not over.  The steepness and loose rocks can be too much.

All but 1 have been in washes and most of those with the exception of 1 other under shrubbery But the hunting has Been tough 14 hour nonstop days, I just have been going slow listing for those faint sounds I hope others have missed I still don’t know my way around enough to find my own spots hope to do that a little soon like to find us a virgin patch out there someplace. I also joined gpaa and mpa next week I’m going to try out one of the gold basin MPA claims has some nice washes visible on google earth and it’s located more on the western edge, if its any good I’ll let you know where. It is nice being only a couple hours away be even better if I can find a little off road camping trailer I can tow behind the Jeep so I can spend a couple days at a time and hit some completely new spots.

• Like 1

There is a wash on the eastern part of the GSSN claim and then you go over to the MPA.  There have been some half ouncers found over there in the past.

When I was last there I chatted the drywashers there and they were finding nuggets down deep with their detectors and getting good fine gold too.

• Like 2