I've Had My Last Rokon Misadventure

5 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

Hi Condor

What a bugger stacking the bike, I know what that feels like...

The one I remember most is when a stick flicked up off the front wheel and stabbed into my shin bone about 2in, it was a timber called cooktown iron wood which is one of our hardest timbers and is also toxic. Had to brace my leg and use both arms to pull it out of my shin, then it bled really slowly dark nearly black blood for 3 weeks... ouch.

I've never seen a Rocon they look awesome! What do they sell for over there? We don't get them here. What a weapon it would be in our country!

way too heavy for you!

7 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

way too heavy for you!

Are you callin me a wussy boy... ya mug!

Thanks Steve 

They are an interesting concept, I'm using a KTM freeride which is a cross between a Enduro and a Trials bike its got the racing version of the 350 4 stroke but only weighs 90kg... death on wheels it has such a high power to weight ratio. Those Rocons look like a real pack mule.

I’ve had a Rokon and it’s a great machine and just about climb over anything. I found the stock engine and gear ratio of the Rokon was a good match. The only one I didn’t like was going down hill you had to stay on the brake. The trouble is you don’t get drag back from the engine when let off on the gas .

If you never had a Rokon then stay with a stock engine and be here tomorrow.

Chuck 

Not big on two wheels in the desert.  When I first got into prospecting back in 2008 I pulled out of the big city with a brand new KLR 650 (400 lb Kawasaki enduro motorcycle) on a front bumper hitch on my F150 while I hauled my 17' Nomad trailer out back. Nowhere in the instructions with any of this did it mention the motorcycle being up front would interfere with the cooling airflow.  Well the Baker Grade from San Bernadino to Vegas claimed another victim. What I found was that two wheels are bad in the desert especially when loaded. I almost immediately traded the KLR for a real nice Honda Rancher 400

Never regretted it.  But if two wheels intrigue you Yamaha makes what some call a Ranch Bike a TW200 that might do ok in the desert. 

1.jpg

4 hours ago, vanursepaul said:

Hmmmmm😝

those things  weigh 200 kg!!!

Yeah you should harden the f... up mate!!!! 
🤠

Oh may aswel use a 4x4 quad, didn't realize they were that heavy.