I've Had My Last Rokon Misadventure

On 5/2/2020 at 8:30 PM, Gold Hound said:

Hi Condor

What a bugger stacking the bike, I know what that feels like...

The one I remember most is when a stick flicked up off the front wheel and stabbed into my shin bone about 2in, it was a timber called cooktown iron wood which is one of our hardest timbers and is also toxic. Had to brace my leg and use both arms to pull it out of my shin, then it bled really slowly dark nearly black blood for 3 weeks... ouch.

I've never seen a Rocon they look awesome! What do they sell for over there? We don't get them here. What a weapon it would be in our country!

One for sale at the moment in Victoria for 8.5k

https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/rokon/

ย 

1 hour ago, egixe4 said:

One for sale at the moment in Victoria for 8.5k

https://www.bikesales.com.au/bikes/rokon/

ย 

ย 

Go for it no excuses!!!!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

ย 

RR

18 hours ago, AZ Jim said:

Not big on two wheels in the desert.ย  When I first got into prospecting back in 2008 I pulled out of the big city with a brand new KLR 650 (400 lb Kawasaki enduro motorcycle) on a front bumper hitch on my F150 while I hauled my 17' Nomad trailer out back. Nowhere in the instructions with any of this did it mention the motorcycle being up front would interfere with the cooling airflow.ย  Well the Baker Grade from San Bernadino to Vegas claimed another victim. What I found was that two wheels are bad in the desert especially when loaded. I almost immediately traded the KLR for a real nice Honda Rancher 400

Never regretted it.ย  But if two wheels intrigue you Yamaha makes what some call a Ranch Bike a TW200 that might do ok in the desert.ย 

I would use 4 wheels in open terrain. Rokon excels in two other terrains. First, dense forest or large rockย terrain where trailsย narrow to the point where a 4 wheeler cannot pass. Second, goat trails in steep mountainous terrain, where a 4 wheeler will simply roll over sideways.

Where the 4 wheelers stop, the Rokon keeps going.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

ย 

ย 

RR

I have an excuse,

It's the 8.5kย ๐Ÿšณ

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

ย 

ย 

RR

About a month ago I purchased a Polaris 570 sportsman 4x4 and I've stripped off all the plastics and I'm turning it into a serious long range camping rig.

Also that one is way too old especially for the money they are chasing.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I would use 4 wheels in open terrain. Rokon excels in two other terrains. First, dense forest or large rockย terrain where trailsย narrow to the point where a 4 wheeler cannot pass. Second, goat trails in steep mountainous terrain, where a 4 wheeler will simply roll over sideways.

Where the 4 wheelers stop, the Rokon keeps going.

Are you still selling them Steve?

Because if you are its working on me ๐Ÿ˜‚ I've just added one to my near future toys list. Thanks for the info on them.

I will get Paul to find me a nice late model second hand one he can then disassemble and clean it andย Chuck it in his suitcase when he comes over...

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Gold Hound said:

Because if you are its working on me ๐Ÿ˜‚ I've just added one to my near future toys list.

I will get Paul to find me a nice late model second hand one he can then disassemble and clean it andย Chuck it in his suitcase when he comes over...

I was waiting for someone to chime in and tell ya that may be a good way to lose all your parts

ย 

shipping it to youย in his luggage!!!!

๐Ÿค 

1 minute ago, vanursepaul said:

I was waiting for someone to chime in and tell ya that may be a good way to lose all your parts

ย 

shipping it to youย in his luggage!!!!

๐Ÿค 

You'd beta bring it ya mug...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

About a month ago I purchased a Polaris 570 sportsman 4x4 and I've stripped off all the plastics and I'm turning it into a serious long range camping rig.

Also that one is way too old especially for the money they are chasing.

I agree it is dear........we have another problem in the UK,if it is too "old" like most of the 2 strokes forget about it...............even next year law is getting tougher on old diesel car within the whole of London and M25....(which is huge) wanted to get myself some bargains but i will have to buy something newer with less caracter..

ย 

RR

5 hours ago, Gold Hound said:

Because if you are its working on me ๐Ÿ˜‚ I've just added one to my near future toys list. Thanks for the info on them.

No, we sold the business to the employees about ten years ago. Iโ€™m still on the board though. The company has not sold Rokon in many years. Back when we picked up the line they has just reorganized the business and we had too much difficulty getting parts from them, so dropped it. Iโ€™m actually going to follow up and check on the current situation. Itโ€™s been a long time now, and if the parts situation has improved, and I have to believe it has, it would be a good line for the company to pick up again. Good fit for Alaska terrain.

• Like 3