Testing The Vanquish V8 Coil

TESTING THE VANQUISH V8 COIL 

I went today to the prev wood were I found the very small coin with the Vanquish 540 and the V12 coil ( see above ). This time I wanted to change and try the small V8 coil. I spent around one hour at this place .

Actually the V8 coil did very well , it is much quieter than the V12 because of its low iron masking level. It is very accurate and it is very easy to center a target compared to the V12 coil , no pinpointer is needed. 

And in addition the V8 is very light ( 310 grams instead of 440 for the V12).

Finally I found an other hammered copper coin from the 15 or 14th century, not in a very good state however , but happy  with this because it is very difficult to find new targets on this area as it is one on my favorite test sites... 

Definitely the V8 is an excellent coil for iron trashed areas , I found it even better than the Equinox 6in coil because it has a better ground coverage ( 8inches for the V8 instead of 6inches for the Nox 6 coil )   

The weather was a little wet today , I had some concern about the behaviour of the 540 in wet conditions , because the Vanquish has no IP protection. But no pb today everything went well , good news ...

The 2nd picture shows the Lithium AA batteries that I am using with the Vanquish since I have it . I have been using the 540 for about 13/14 hours now , and the Vanquish screen still shows full charge  .

So again very happy with my Vanquish 540 Pro pack . Both V12 and V8 coils are excellent , the  ML80 headphones works very well , the 540 is very reliable up to now ... I really like this machine ...

DSC02372.JPG

DSC02374.JPG

• Like 7

Sounds like a nice little machine is it a Nuremberg token??

RR

14 hours ago, Rivers rat said:

Sounds like a nice little machine is it a Nuremberg token?? RR

Perhaps a Nuremberg token, or a 16th 15th hammered copper coin but I could not identify it because too damaged. All the coins of this area date from 16 15th century.

Yes the Vanquish is really a "fun to use" machine like Bashin was saying in an other thread , he found  the right words  actually ... 🙂

Fun to use and powerful .  Actually I sold my Equinox 800 yesterday to a friend who will use it for rivers prospecting and beach Hunting. I will just keep 2 detectors , my Deus HF and the Vanquish 540 ., it is enough for what I am doing .. Actually we did some depth tests yesterday he was impressed by the Vanquish , and this guy is very experienced ( 25 years detecting )  ...

btw the lithium batteries duration is around 15hours on the Vanquish

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2020 at 3:11 AM, palzynski said:

Yes the Vanquish is really a "fun to use" machine like Bashin was saying in an other thread , he found  the right words  actually ... 🙂

Fun to use and powerful.

No argument here as I also found the vanquish 540 to be a lot of fun to use, with both coils, and the 5X8 DD is an excellent general-purpose coil for most places, including those with low-to-modest amounts of annoying Iron debris.  And it is powerful, as well, providing very nice audio in the excellent ML-80 headphones.  I also preferred it to the EQ-800 and this is a nice complement to my other performance=proven models.

Monte

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Monte said:

No argument here as I also found the vanquish 540 to be a lot of fun to use, with both coils, and the 5X8 DD is an excellent general-purpose coil for most places, including those with low-to-modest amounts of annoying Iron debris.  And it is powerful, as well, providing very nice audio in the excellent ML-80 headphones.  I also preferred it to the EQ-800 and this is a nice complement to my other performance=proven models.

Monte  I wonder if the new coils handle the emi better?   Never  tried vanquish so my opinion does not matter for that machine.    Seems like a great  deal for that type of machine.If that machine can handle emi in spots nox can't that is a big advantage.