Technology And Time

What machine that you  were able to use at a   certain time gave you an advantage over others  at certain  places you hunt.The    first for me was having a minelab explorer in  Jan of 2000 for hunting coins in parks.          Even being too selective when I first  started  hunting with it  I still cleaned up because the machine was that good. The problem was there were many good explorer users  in my  area  which made it much harder to  find coins like we did in the past with such ease.The Nox is a great machine but it  was not  available in( 2000- 2007 ) when the explorer ruled the parks.That machine and that time will always be special to me.Mike  Moutray who was one of the best explorer users I  saw would go around the  country and would hunt places  people on the forums would take him to.My  friend got in touch with him and he  would hunt a old  racing track with us  .  6 explorer users in all.He made the     most finds out of all of us.He    was that good.Yet he hunted 3/4 of a 200 year old oak tree and went to the bathroom. When     he came back he  did not go back to finish the  tree. I went to the tree and got a iffy deep hit and dug,putting  the dirt in a gold pan.Out came a 1909 2 1/2 $ gold coin.I then put the Sunray  probe  in the hole and got a  pulltab hit.Out pops a other 1909 2 1/2 $ gold coin.Put the probe in the hole and again a  pulltab  hit. This time a fired 22 slug.The song says 2 out of 3      aint bad.The explorer was way ahead of its time.

• Like 1