Perfect Combination

The microphone on my grandsons head set stopped working so his mother bought him a new set.  I got the hand me down to use for listening to music. But thought I'd try something this morning.  Combining with my WM 08 I found the most perfect combination to date.  Great sound quality, blocks out the outside noise and feels great.  The best combination to date.  Very light weight and the head strap is angled to reduce fatigue on the ears.  And no 1/4 to 1/8" adapter needed.  Zero lag time of course. 

20200502_100557.jpg

20200502_100643.jpg

20200502_100655.jpg

• Like 5

Can you find a model number on it?  Looks like the 50p.  If that's the one they are going for $29.95 (free shipping) on Ebay.  How did you remove the microphone boom?

I'd be interested in reading how well it blocks out background noise -- possibly comparing it to other over-ear headphones you have used.  I definitely like the 3.5 mm plug since I've had problems with adapeters.

20200502_134930.jpg

• Like 2

I don't know if they make these without a microphone.

2 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Can you find a model number on it?  Looks like the 50p.  If that's the one they are going for $29.95 (free shipping) on Ebay.  How did you remove the microphone boom?

I'd be interested in reading how well it blocks out background noise -- possibly comparing it to other over-ear headphones you have used.  I definitely like the 3.5 mm plug since I've had problems with adapeters.

That looks like the same thing.  The microphone unplugs.  It also has the 1/8" male plug.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Mark Gillespie said:

That looks like the same thing.

Yes, the photo you show of the inside of the headband says 'Recon 50P'.  I look forward to your reports of how these work in the field.

There is also a PC version which looks identical but it is in red called the Recon 50.  Note that the linked eBay sale is for a refurbed Recon 50P. Turtle beach sells the 50P New for $29.95 but shipping is extra.  They sell the Red PC refurbed version for $24.95 on their site.  So depending on the shipping charges, you might make out ordering direct from Turtle Beach vs. their eBay store.  Either way, they look like a great value.

BTW - Mark - you can get a replacement mic for about $9, so your grandson made out convincing Mom of the upgrade.  You both got new headsets - Win - Win.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chase Goldman said:

There is also a PC version which looks identical but it is in red called the Recon 50.

Found this here:

Turtle_Beach_model-50_differences.png.4b979735447733980436b09c194b13bd.png

• Thanks 1

I had been using my Killer Bees with an adapter but I like these better.  I hope to hunt tomorrow evening maybe.  I tried them in my test garden and even the deep targets sounded as good as my Killer Bee's with the adapter does. 

• Like 1