Finding What Belongs To Others

In Jult of 2018 in a park near my church i ahd my mx7 detector,I came across which seem to be a nickel or ring symbol so i started digging.Low and behold it was a 14kt gold wedding band.Surprisingly it had a date 2-18-50.Also first initial middle initial and last initial going to someone also with first middle and last initials and love always.I went to my church put it on facebook never give out much info let them give you the private info that the owner will only know.No luck with church bulletin board nor facebook.Took it to the police station they kept it for 6 months.No one came to claim it they gave it back to me.I tried googling the initials which you cannot find a person with just initials.Its a 70 year old ring.Always try to find the owners.Happy Hunting Stay safe always carry dog spray!

• Like 5

On 5/2/2020 at 1:22 PM, Jakar54321 said:

Happy Hunting Stay safe always carry dog spray!

I found it humorous that you say always carry dog spray... 

I hunted a "dog beach" once.  You know.... where owners can let their pooches off leash and run and chase on the beach. I saw lots of owners throwing balls and sticks into the water as I checked out the beach so I figured maybe a ring or two had been tossed into the water while doing this.

So early one morning I'm in my wetsuit chest deep with headphones on and every now and then a dog would take notice of and bark at me. All fine and dandy until a big brute of a dog crashes into the water barking and snarling and was coming my way. The owner is standing on the beach just watching his dog get closer and closer. I yelled at the owner to call his dog and only after I lifted my scoop to smack the dog if I had to... the owner called him back. Rude and inconsiderate people out there. Should have carried dog spray. 😁

I’ve returned a number of high school rings over the years . Some you get a big Thank You but others just show what they are a big butt .

The thing is you done the right thing thank you are not .

Chuck 

• Like 1

70 yr old ring I would think would be tough to track the owner. They could also have been from outside the area and were visiting when it dropped.

Only had one incident here where someone let their rottie loose so I just ignored the dog and it finally backed off. Other than that dogs tend to come over and see what I'm doing. I would rather have dogs running around than people. Never show fear around aggressive animals and don't challenge them.

6 hours ago, kac said:

70 yr old ring I would think would be tough to track the owner. They could also have been from outside the area and were visiting when it dropped.

Only had one incident here where someone let their rottie loose so I just ignored the dog and it finally backed off. Other than that dogs tend to come over and see what I'm doing. I would rather have dogs running around than people. Never show fear around aggressive animals and don't challenge them.

i was delivering mail to a house last monday 5/4/20 i was to busy what kind of dog was licking my leg as i was putting the mail in the mail box .The owner yelled be nice to the dog i looked down and it was a pit bull ! LOL

• Like 1

Ahh so your a postal delivery/chew toy worker. All makes sense now :)

• Like 1