Steve Herschbach

Wore Out GPZ Skidplate - Anyone Tried The Razorback?

Thanks Steve.

Tortuga....the black sand tends to stay when the dirt is shaken out...it does matter with a vlf...and probably matters with the ZED.

fred

Any update on the Minor John skid plate vs stock? I know this is a real old thread but I am in the market for a new cover. Wore the stock cover out in a little over 2 years.

54 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Any update on the Minor John skid plate vs stock? I know this is a real old thread but I am in the market for a new cover. Wore the stock cover out in a little over 2 years.

I have been using the Miner John cover for a few years now.  I am very satisfied with my purchase and I would buy another.   It will definitely hold up longer as it is thicker and more rigid than the original.

I see that Rob shows out of stock on his website, perhaps others may have some on hand.   Not sure if Miner John is back in business yet. 

Brian.

5 minutes ago, Nevada Brian said:

I have been using the Miner John cover for a few years now.  I am very satisfied with my purchase and I would buy another.   It will definitely hold up longer as it is thicker and more rigid than the original.

I see that Rob shows out of stock on his website, perhaps others may have some on hand.   Not sure if Miner John is back in business yet. 

Brian.

Really!! Get back to work.

Miner John lost everything in the "Camp Fire"

I hope he able to get back to work

Norm

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Steve Herschbach
      U.S. dealers are including the 19” coil free with GPZ 7000 purchases for a limited time. I’m not sure if this is being offered in Australia.

• By phrunt
      I have ordered a new size X-coil, it's a 12x8" X-Coil,  It's already in the post however it's delayed in shipping due to international shipping delays the world over.  Hopefully this coil arrives soon. I am very excited about it as I think it will be the perfect size for NZ.
      It's even in NZ's black and white colours.

This should be good in our rocky terrain on small gold.

• By klunker
      I'm not shy about it. Yup. I have big clumsy feet. The good news is it gives me stabilizing ballast should sobriety forsake me. The bad news is it's hell on GPZ 7000 lower shafts. I have broken several. To make matters worse, the lines of communication between my big feet and my small command and control center often get disrupted somewhere between my gullet and my gizzard which allows my big feet to proceed on a different heading than the rest of me. Oops, there goes another GPZ 7000 lower shaft. But I don't take full responsibility for all of these broken lower shafts. I don't recall ever breaking the good ol' GPX lower shaft and they fit at least 10 different detectors and cost less than half of a GPZ lower shaft. So I lay most of the blame at the feet of Minelab and not because of the feet of Klunker. The shaft is just plain flimsy. 
       Being a "tight wad" by nature I have tried numerous times to repair a broken lower shaft using glues, epoxies, tape, splints and every flavor of bubble gum you can imagine. Nothing worked. I finally came up with the idea of totally replacing the lower end of the shaft and it work splendidly.
       This was made from an inch and a quarter by 1 inch pvc plastic pipe tee, a fine toothed saw, a drill, a round file, a sander, a heat gun and a bit of good epoxy. 
      This repair has held up for a couple of dozen trips and survived the icy conditions of early spring detecting, which is when my big feet are at their worst. If anyone is interested I will post instructions

• By Lynn scott
      I just got a new equinox 800 and M trying to find a good Carrying case for it anybody have any good ideas
    • By flakmagnet
      Why oh why does the WM12 take such an unusually long time to recharge when the GPZ battery charges in a couple of hours, and other electronic equipment charges in (much) less time than that? I am not actually complaining but I am very curious why this is so.
      Anyone?
    • By Rmoore7167
      hi
      Just bought my first detector, the NOX 800....Im sure will have a ton of questions at some point. We do a lot of traveling and wanted to get a hard case for it.   Any suggestions?  thanks
      Richard