Here's a couple of Ethiopian fire opal specimens, that my wife and i found last year here at Reno's Gem and Mineral show. Hope you enjoy the colors! ht 

IMG_4708.JPG

IMG_4709.JPG

IMG_4712.JPG

IMG_4713.JPG

IMG_4714.JPG

IMG_4716.JPG

IMG_4717.JPG

IMG_4719.JPG

• Like 8

Beautiful item, I got my wife some black opals a few years back, and if she ever see's this I am in real trouble.

• Like 1

That's great 2Valen, sounds like you bought some nice black opal. This material is beautiful, but it is too unstable to make jewelry from or else this black opal i have would be worth thousands. That is one reason Australian opal is so valuable, because it is very good for making jewelry. There is high dollar material from Ethiopia as well, but it is an evolving story as the material in Australia is running out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Hardtimehermit said:

Here's a couple of Ethiopian fire opal specimens, that my wife and i found last year here at Reno's Gem and Mineral show. Hope you enjoy the colors! ht 

IMG_4708.JPG

IMG_4709.JPG

IMG_4712.JPG

IMG_4713.JPG

IMG_4714.JPG

IMG_4716.JPG

IMG_4717.JPG

IMG_4719.JPG

Very pretty opal!   Is it that iridescent indoors from light bulbs?

thanks for sharing,

Brian. 

Thanks Brian, I'm not sure if i understand your ? but these pictures are taken in natural outdoor light, no light bulbs. ht 

The only black opal I have purchased has been the Australian black opal and it was not cheap!

I do not know what part it came from but can tell you that she has 3 pendants, matching earrings, and 2 rings with it on the pieces.

There are very few jewelers that know the quality pieces and how they really look in any light, but the sunlight is the best to show them off in . They sparkle and change with every motion while wearing them.

Once again thanks again for sharing the pictures.

• Like 1