How Do I Know My Equinox 800 Is Functioning Properly?

4 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

I like the tic marks on the shaft.  But what do you mean by the above statement - are you talking about the noise cancel channel setting or sensitivity - i.e., what are you "adjusting"?

Generally I like to have my sensitivity at 22, then do a noise cancel.  Set the detector down with the coil, vertical to the ground and check the air distance using a dime.  If I can only get 10" I'll do another noise cancel and see if the noise cancel numbers change, then I do the dime test again.  At times I'll change to different programs to see how things change.  Sometimes it helps and sometimes the noise get much worse. 

I will add, I don't always check the dime because I'm going to hunt either way.  All this is really strange when I move 50-70' away and all of a sudden I can get 12" on the air test without changing any settings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hey I wanted to thank everyone for the input.

I'm looking forward to getting back out there and hunting some more. I'm also looking forward to them easing up restrictions on park access, and beach access here in California! HH

• Like 2

On 5/3/2020 at 5:35 PM, Chase Goldman said:

You are telling him to do a factory reset every time he turns on the Equinox?!

i just recently today tried to turn the equinox on with a quick press of the power button.You are right it brings you back to where you left off.My mistake .

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 4:12 PM, Jeff McClendon said:

Mark G.

your Equinox shaft and coil look spotless aside from the depth marks. Mine looks like it has been dipped in a mud bath or painted with earth colored spray paint. I can't remember the last time the lower part of my Nox looked that clean even after cleaning it!

Jeff

Thanks for the compliment.  I try to clean the entire detector at least every other hunt.  Of course I don't do the same kind of hunting as in Colorado.