Minelab Olympics

Years ago I thought of a competition of sorts of getting metal detectorists together to go through a 'course' which would be akin to a test garden.  BYO detector and see who could 'tell' what was and what wasn't at each stop on the course.  This is nothing like that.  haha

https://minelabmetaldetectors.cmail19.com/t/ViewEmail/j/909B652EEB5D9FC52540EF23F30FEDED/DB0BCE1DBD546B193FEC1D8A50AFD3BD

Just finished watching a NASCAR iRacing event.  Now iDetecting??

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, phrunt said:

I won the next round, I won week 2 as well.

Hello Simon

Thank you for taking time to enter the Minelab Olympics Week 3 competition where we asked the community to answer Minelab Trivia.  

With a large number of entries from across the world, the judges took time to review who in the community had all of the answers correct. After their review, they have decided that your entry was among the winning submissions!

CONGRATULATIONS!

If you could please respond to this email and provide your physical mailing address, our team will work to fulfill a prize package for you in the coming weeks!

Again, thank you for participating in the Minelab Olympics and thank you for being an incredible Minelab fan.

Best,

William Archibald
Marketing Coordinator

Minelab Americas  |  123 Ambassador Drive, Suite 123 Naperville, IL 60540, USA

I think you and I might be the ones getting the points for the Kiwi's, I won week 1 and now week 3, more hats and neck protectors for me 😄

I'm beginning to wonder how many people have actually bothered to enter this competition.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Coinboy said:

I won week 3! What do they send you?

For week 3 the prizes were:

• x1 Minelab Sticker
  • x1 Minelab Button
  • x1 Minelab Red Pen
  • x1 Minelab Baseball Cap
  • x1 Minelab Neck Guard
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2020 at 1:30 PM, mn90403 said:

Years ago I thought of a competition of sorts of getting metal detectorists together to go through a 'course' which would be akin to a test garden.  BYO detector and see who could 'tell' what was and what wasn't at each stop on the course.

I've thought about that too, although it wouldn't be a course, but rather, a set location.

I imagined it could be a small plastic kiddie pool filled with dry sand and say...6 out of a total of 10 possible buried objects, such as a clad quarter, clad penny, clad nickel, silver dime, silver quarter, sterling silver ring, 14K gold chain, pull tab, iron nail, skeleton key, etc.

Each competitor would get point(s) for correctly identifying the object (without digging it up, of course) with a tie breaker being the shortest time taken to complete the hunt.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Awww, to bad she claimed it! I know how much you like to stand out, when detecting!! 🤣😂

I'm fully accessorized; day or night!! Like rubberbands, they have many uses!! And are inexpensive! (very minimal protection from catching or transmitting Covid!)

These are a few; but none Minelab won!!👍👍

20200723_172135.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I think this is "Pinky" haunting you!👻 

Or ML telling you to accessorize your wardrobe more, when you post pics using their products!!

Or maybe they think your a Simone, and not a Simon!! 

Next Prizes:👚🥿    😂🤣🤭

(Just kidding!!)👍👍