Hitting Some Tailings Piles This Week

Most certainly some gold in those piles, but since it is not my stomping ground I don't know if the origin of the gold in that area was flour gold, or flour and small pickers or flour with small pickers and occasional nuggets?  Then on the nuggets, is it more of specimen gold  and or were there known solid pieces of size?  I have done well detecting tailing piles and some of my biggest gold finds have come from such.  I normally do not recommend a small coil in tailings, so stick with the stock 11" you have for now. 99% of the gold you'll ever find with the EQ-800 will give consistent readings below #20.  In fact, most of my gold found with the NOX reads 0,1, or 2.  I have found a few pieces in the lower teens.    Be sure to set another Mode at 5 kHz to get a idea on those 13 - 15 #'s.  Usually big iron, but with a quick check in Park Mode #1 set at 5 kHz, will help verify.  Checking the same signal in that mode will give iron targets the jumpies and most times in the 30's.  When you see inconsistent big variables of readout #'s, it is time to fill the hole and walk.

Keep us posted of your 1st score.

Attached is some Equinox gold I found in tailing piles.

Good Luck.

BB092019C.jpg

BB092019A.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3