Is There A " Good " Upgrade From Equinox 800 Without Paying Thousands Of Dollars?

F44 to the Equinox 800.   That skipped a lot of tech and you don't know what you don't know.

I'll point you to look back to the Minelab Etrac, or White's V3i, and even the Fisher F75+.   All three are Flagship detectors that offer different and varied feature sets and performance gains in different scenarios.  

So before looking forward, look back and get some bench marks.

Good luck,

HH
Mike

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Minelab is a publicly traded company and this info is from forward guidance offered to investors. The stockholders do not care about tshirts. GPZ 7000, Equinox, etc were all foreshadowed in corporate forward guidance.

Awesome.  I put a calendar reminder in my phone to check into any news on this after the first of the year, in case I don't stumble into it.  The excitement mounts.

Should we be buying the stock?  They have to be after a bigger market or higher market share.

• The title was changed to Is There A " Good " Upgrade From Equinox 800 Without Paying Thousands Of Dollars?
6 minutes ago, phrunt said:

It was a very wise move to buy the stock before the Equinox....

I think you're sitting pretty comfortable with the Equinox right now, little point trying other detectors on the market at the moment unless you want to do it for edcuational purposes.   Some have a slight edge in certain situations but will let you down in others.   The Equinox is a great all rounder, not the best at everything but pretty damn good at everything.  

I certainly understand you wanting to try lots of them out, I'm the same, I'd try them all if I could and I'd enjoy doing it, I really love checking out different detectors 🙂 I've settled on the Equinox and Vanquish as my primary detectors for coins and so on, GPZ and Equinox for gold.  All other detectors I own have their specialty purposes like the Gold Bug Pro for high EMI trashy areas with it's Snake coil and the QED for high EMI power line gold areas with it's ability to handle EMI and it's able to be easily backpacked and hiked with being so light weight.   I also intend it to be my beach PI next to my Equinox as my beach VLF as I'm about to take up beach detecting over winter (while no people are at the beach).

I think if you bought and tried other detectors now they'd become your specialty detectors for certain situations more so than your primary detector so you have to decide if you want to buy a detector to use occasionally.

My interest in the CTX is to try find deeper silver I'm missing now, it may do it and it may not, so I'll wait and see what they come out with next.  My silver supply hasn't run out yet, it's just thinned out so I can keep going without a CTX at the moment 🙂

It sucks when you've got the best as there is nothing more to aspire to 🙂 You just have to wait and see what the manufacturers come out with next.  With the worlds economies tanking it maybe at a better price than we were expecting too. 

Deep silver in clean patches i will go for a 1266X  or GMAXX from XP

RR

11 minutes ago, phrunt said:

It was a very wise move to buy the stock before the Equinox....

I think you're sitting pretty comfortable with the Equinox right now, little point trying other detectors on the market at the moment unless you want to do it for edcuational purposes.   Some have a slight edge in certain situations but will let you down in others.   The Equinox is a great all rounder, not the best at everything but pretty damn good at everything.  

I certainly understand you wanting to try lots of them out, I'm the same, I'd try them all if I could and I'd enjoy doing it, I really love checking out different detectors 🙂 I've settled on the Equinox and Vanquish as my primary detectors for coins and so on, GPZ and Equinox for gold.  All other detectors I own have their specialty purposes like the Gold Bug Pro for high EMI trashy areas with it's Snake coil and the QED for high EMI power line gold areas with it's ability to handle EMI and it's able to be easily backpacked and hiked with being so light weight.   I also intend it to be my beach PI next to my Equinox as my beach VLF as I'm about to take up beach detecting over winter (while no people are at the beach).

I think if you bought and tried other detectors now they'd become your specialty detectors for certain situations more so than your primary detector so you have to decide if you want to buy a detector to use occasionally.

My interest in the CTX is to try find deeper silver I'm missing now, it may do it and it may not, so I'll wait and see what they come out with next.  My silver supply hasn't run out yet, it's just thinned out so I can keep going without a CTX at the moment 🙂

It sucks when you've got the best as there is nothing more to aspire to 🙂 You just have to wait and see what the manufacturers come out with next.  With the worlds economies tanking it maybe at a better price than we were expecting too. 

Hi    Phrunt.Why don't you try a P. I . at your coin spots.Your coins are deep.Dig Low-high signals was what  I did with my infinium. I did good on beaches for coins. Even got some silvers in turf.

5 hours ago, Againstmywill said:

What part? I'm visiting there coming up in the next month if all is OK with distancing, etc.

West-central, about 45 minutes southeast of Minneapolis-St Paul. I live in a rural area outside a small town, and the traffic on the county road past the house is at pre-pandemic levels...everyone is pretty much going about life as normal.   I think people are going to do what they want to do on Memorial Day.

I don't think anyone will hassle you anywhere you may go.

• Like 1

Talk about stock, dump $2,000 into some stock like Royal Caribbean, Carnival Cruises, American Airlines, Delta, ect, and wait to sell the stock Fiscal year 2021, when minelab comes out with their new $10,000 detector, all the stocks will be back up by then....

Dave

• Like 1

CmonNow, you mention you like bells and whistles and tweaking things: White's V3i. It's old, heavy, complicated, eats batteries— long overdue for an update (which will apparently never happen) — it's like Nox800's grumpy old grampa! A miracle worker in the right hands... a red hot mess to us mere mortals... you will need A LOT more than 150 hours to sort it all out!  Go Packers! Apple Pie with Cheese! Eff 'em, Bucky!

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Johnny Crunch said:

CmonNow, you mention you like bells and whistles and tweaking things: White's V3i. It's old, heavy, complicated, eats batteries— long overdue for an update (which will apparently never happen) — it's like Nox800's grumpy old grampa! A miracle worker in the right hands... a red hot mess to us mere mortals... you will need A LOT more than 150 hours to sort it all out!  Go Packers! Apple Pie with Cheese! Eff 'em, Bucky!

Lol!  When my dear departed mother first told me apple pie was good with cheese I thought she may need to go to a padded cell for a while until I tried it.  It's awesome, especially melted on warm pie.  Go Pack go!  Don't care much about the Badgers, but if they win the national championship I'll pretend I was a fan all along.

I've looked at the V3i and seen some videos of people having a good time and a good day with it.  Your post leads me to a rookie question though.  A lot of detectors, like the V3i, the GPX series, the CTX3030, and many others, have a box that hangs below your swinging arm, varying in size from model to model.

If that box is necessary on some detectors, why can machines like the Equinox and so many others do just fine as far as depth, etc, with a smaller-than-a-cellphone control above the shaft?