Older Firmware Update - Mac Version

The latest firmware installer (which can still be downloaded) allows you to install the latest FW (2.0) OR roll back to any previous firmware version (i.e., the install utility contains the current and all previously released firmware versions).  No need to keep the older installer that limits you only to the latest version (and all previous versions) issued up to that time.

• Like 2

• The title was changed to Older Firmware Update - Mac Version

Really? I didn't know that- I'd hesitated hooking anything up. I've learned to be paranoid about firmware from work (gov), and always keep copies/hashes. Doesn't stop accidents, but at least I have a backup copy in case...

I don't suppose you know if they have to be applied sequentially? Like is there any difference from going from an old to the newest, or from old to 1.0.4 to 1.1.1 to ... ?

23 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

You can go to any version of the firmware at any time, just use the software and install the one you want.

I did take it up to 2.1.12, and tried to go back to 1.7.5. My fault, 100%, my 4 year old wandered down (well, ran) and clobbered the cable.

Booted up, got 'Er' and some number, and then 'boot looped'.

So right now I've got a brick. Going to try and see if I can force it to start by holding down various buttons and running the update software. It seems to know there is a device connected even if the machine shuts off, so (since it's an ARM device) it's probably the boot loader running in the background. That's good, means it might be recoverable.

Thank you for pointing me to the software and I bet it would have worked if I didn't try to yo-yo.