Any New Coil Info For The Simplex Available?

I have seen absolutely no info on the smaller coil for the Simplex? If all still quiet after this time, I will take for granted that those of us that purchased the Simplex after being lead to believe accessory coils were in the works were just screwed.

Lesson learned.

geo

The Snake would be excellent for much of my use. We in the US aren't fortunate enough to have thousands of acre clear fields to hunt, spring and fall and thats where the large coils excel. I have large coils for Tesoro, Nautilus, and a couple more but can not remember the last time they were used.

Thanks phrunt!

16 hours ago, Gwcracker said:

I have seen absolutely no info on the smaller coil for the Simplex? If all still quiet after this time, I will take for granted that those of us that purchased the Simplex after being lead to believe accessory coils were in the works were just screwed.

Lesson learned.

geo

It is always risky to rely on messages like "will be soon available" , this with no exact dates given … On the other hand Nokta should have provided a 9inches coil as a standard coil for the simplex ,  instead of the big ( and a little heavy ) 11inches coil.

A 9inches coil would be have been more polyvalent than the 11inches coil . Probably they understood this and they now work in urgency to provide new coils , but this takes time ...

Minelab has had a better approach to me , the Vanquish serie was designed  since the beginning with  3 coils available the V8,V10,V12. This was a great idea , that ML probably learnt from the Equinox experience that has only 2 coils usable on the field , the 6inches and the 11inches coil, this  with an intemediate 9inches coil missing .

These 3 Vanquish coils were available at the begining of this year at the same time as the 340,440,540 range of detectors. So with the Vanquish you can choose exactly the detector/coil that you need , depending on your needs and budget , and this is really appreciated by the customers I think … 

And MLs  were lucky to finish the Vanquish design and start the production just before the corona ...

• Like 3