Gold Detecting With A Fem.

We go gold detecting some/all day in the bush whether it be in Vic or WA ( Oz) away from our 21'6" caravan,  and for my other half, a fem with her 65th birthday just a memory, this can have some inconveniences and little privacy. On our recent trip to Tassie ( Bottom State underneath the Oz Mainland) came across a campervan whereby the young couple had mounted a Kickass Shower/loo tent on the side of their Campervan. I have mounted similar on the side of our Landcruiser. I will bring the small porta potty from our 1/2 cabin boat to do the job.

Did the Install just prior to the lockdown, ( cannot travel to Vic or WA) so have not used it yet.

If you have a 4x4 and detect with a fem or if your Campervan is not fitted out with an inside shower/loo this item may be worth thinking about.

Peter

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Sadly I have the found the best option for this is to leave my fem at home. This came after suggesting that she could nag the rocks instead of me as they'd be more sympathetic listeners.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Oh my! 1

Tom - is that why you had to wear that Halloween costume that one year?

BTW - You might not remember, but I met you at a DIV dig a few years back. I think you were testing a souped up TDI for Whites there and you gave me the relic shovel you were using as you were leaving the hotel because you couldn't pack out on the plane back to the west coast.  Thanks for that and I still have it as my backup.  It was nice chatting with you there.

• Haha 1

These KickAss folks live up to their name. They have some great online info. thanks...

That truly is Kick Ass, My wife is gonna love the shower.

• Like 1

Impressive!  Is there a USA supplier/distributor?

Its a amazing bit of kit in theory,but i doubt that its cheap but surely one must be able to buy a similar but much cheaper option online ??

Crikey, SAPete not just for Fems this old codger on watching the vid ordered one pronto for the "wait awhile" option of $249, will go well with the Hiluxes Kings wrap around Awning already fitted, surprising that Kichass got in before Kings, but suspect will not be long and they`ll have a Shower Awning similar on offer. Meanwhile will have to fit shower awning on drivers side front, like that unzip and reach for clothes through vehicle window feature. Great for those cold drizzly winter nights even us up here in sunny FNQ have on occasions. Also great for lockdowned frustrated prospectors, have to add a roof to it, bit suprised that KickAss didn`t include one even as an option, but looks like there`ll be enough room under that protective zipped up cover for roof simply fixed to AL support.

Norvic, I mounted ours on the Drivers side as well,  Did not use the supplied mounting brackets but made my own, since I have  an 80watt Solar panel on the front of the roof with fittings for a Broom stick mobile phone aerial and CB Aerial. At the rear of the roof a steel fitting to mount a 16inch wheel and AT Tyre. ( Go Bush with 3 spares)

The Solar panel charges the aux Battery which charges the detector batteries when camping in the bush and we are not driving around.

Between the Solar Panel and the Tyre Mount I have a surfboard rack/tube inside a pool noodle and a similar one in the front of the solar panel so I can load the Kayak onto the roof when needed.

Yeah I`m going to have to DIY brackets also, as I have 460 watts of solar on roof and rear lift up canopy top door, charging dedicated AGM battery in Canopy of Hilux mounted in side panels of slide out drawer system. This allows me to run refrigeration as well as charge detector batteries etc. for as many weeks as food supplies last.