Thoughts On Specimen

Well I took a nail to the specks and tried to dig hell out of them, but nothing came off and nothing turned black.

Then I cut these slabs off of the little piece and I think I could engrave my name in the stuff and it is gold in color and dense. and with I scratch it, it shines up?

post-839-0-91965200-1442895221_thumb.jpg

post-839-0-98035400-1442895281_thumb.jpg

post-839-0-42292800-1442895339_thumb.jpg

I'd go with chalcopyrite but hard to tell from pics. Does it smell like sulfur when you cut it or scratch it? If it was gold, pieces that big wouldn't crush up, it'd pancake out and flatten and form fairly large pieces. If it all crushed up then it's probably not gold.

But as Steve said, there might very well be gold in the ore. Even the presence of sulfides in the same rock doesn't mean that some of the ore might not be free milling too.

• Like 1

Man I should have paid more attention in my geology class 40 years ago, if they even had one.. lol.

I tired to engrave it no luck, took my carbide scribe to it and got some dust off of it and couldn't really detect an odor at all.

I did put my tongue on it and could get the metallic feeling that would make your filling's sing.

I'm interested to see if it will take a polish as It could make some very cool cabs if so..

Thanks for the feed back guys.

^^^^ Yeah Head I looked this mine up and it was Gold primary and Copper secondary so that's probably the case. I will have it looked at.

Then slab a bit more and maybe cut come cabs to see how they polish up. Who knows? It looks cool none the less

Like I used to always say. "Don't take much to entertain some kids." lol

I'm at the bottom end of the State right now so it will have to wait a few days..