I Nearly Messed My Pants

I've been closer than I wanted to be to quite a few rattle snakes that never rattled. The're probably a new type that should be called non-rattle snakes or rattleless snakes. It would be kinda nice if they would all just rattle to let us know they're there. Encounters like your's usually result in folks wearing their snake gators more often. Glad everything worked out OK for you. I was out for a couple hours this morning hunting an old wagon road outside Phoenix. Just a couple of relics, one with a Pat. Date Nov. 17, 1883. Would rather have dug a couple of nuggets. 🙂 

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Tom Slick said:

I've been closer than I wanted to be to quite a few rattle snakes that never rattled. The're probably a new type that should be called non-rattle snakes or rattleless snakes. It would be kinda nice if they would all just rattle to let us know they're there. Encounters like your's usually result in folks wearing their snake gators more often. Glad everything worked out OK for you. I was out for a couple hours this morning hunting an old wagon road outside Phoenix. Just a couple of relics, one with a Pat. Date Nov. 17, 1883. Would rather have dug a couple of nuggets. 🙂 

There's one of those "Darwinian Theories" out there that suggests the noisy ones are more likely to get themselves killed by our less enlightened brothers and sisters with firearms.  In my misspent youth I was a cop in Lake Havasu City for a very short time.  We got dozens of calls each spring for rattlesnakes in yards and pools.  The policy was to shoot them with a .38 snake load.  I got disciplined for being reckless and killing them with my nightstick.  As Burt Lancaster said in the movie Valdez, "that was before I know better".  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, vanursepaul said:

My lazy a.. watch snake must have been drinking again--- stay off my patch you two!!!  lololol

Well, he did find your lost Toyota keys nearby.  Presumably, some of those nuggets were the ones that fell out of your pocket with the car keys.  People who know Paul would find it inconceivable that he could lose a set of car keys mere weeks after he let the local miscreants steal that same vehicle and our detectors.  A curious coincidence indeed.  Could be a conspiracy to defame Paul.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Buzztails are no joke. Here in Yucca Valley are a fair number of hobby gardeners who lack fingers or thumbs as a result of picking a tomato from a bush occupied by a rattlesnake. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Condor said:

Well, he did find your lost Toyota keys nearby.  Presumably, some of those nuggets were the ones that fell out of your pocket with the car keys.  People who know Paul would find it inconceivable that he could lose a set of car keys mere weeks after he let the local miscreants steal that same vehicle and our detectors.  A curious coincidence indeed.  Could be a conspiracy to defame Paul.

Finally the explanation of my woes