Way Of Tuning A Tejon So Threshold Doesn't Waiver?

Recently my Tejon seems to be extra sensitive to EMI and I get a waiver or flutter in the threshold. Is there a way to tune or fix that? Not sure if something is failing or if it is just out of tune.

Thanks

What coil do you have installed?  That big 10X12 is an antenna.  Put on a smaller one like the 5 3/4" or even an 8" and see if it calms down. The bright side, at least you can maintain a threshold, here in SoCal the ground I so 'hot' I can't maintain a threshold with  the  5 3/4 WS no matter how slow my sweep speed. 

Happens with my stock 8x9 concentric too. This is a fairly recent problem and wondering if something drifted out of calibration or maybe my ground balance pot is going. I had problems with the pot not long ago.

You might want to post over at the Dankowski forum and see if Keith Southern chimes in and can help. He is by far the most knowledgeable and experienced with the Tejon. 

Solved the waiver. I popped the batteries out, opened up the control box and used some pot cleaner spray on the threshold and ground balance. Buttoned it all up and I get a nice smooth threshold now.

• 1 month later...

Coils are supposed to be shielded from the housing all the way to the coil. I would start by looking for a place or connection from the shield to ground point in the circuit to be a cause. These things are supposed to be super sensitive so it wouldn't take much of a leak in the ground circuit to let interference into the system. Beyond that, as I just noticed in your later post about the pots, yep, that would be about the same as a component value shifting, it happens. Glad you found the gremlin.

At least now you know what and where to go if it happens again. May start thinking about getting a new pot. They are not all that robust anyway. A small metal wiper running on a thin layer of carbon inside a none sealed housing that gets dust in it. There are pots made that are better housed and won't be easy to get trash in them. Everyone usually goes for the cheapest piece available to get it working long enough to sell and after that, well you know. throw it away and get another, that's the American way.