I Had A Dream, White's New TDI Sl. What I Want.

1 hour ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Direct offshoot of the Eric Foster Goldscan and therefore blood relative to the TDI...
https://www.detectorprospector.com/forums/topic/11421-fisher-impulse-aq-discrimination-explanation/

Didn't know that was a relative of the tdi...guess I've had my head in the sand.  thank you and sorry.  It has piqued my interest.  I had already written that detector off....but not anymore. 

Spotted this on the Prospecting Australia site, full credit to XLOOX and Old Hand for this, a simple and reversible fix to fine tuning the ground balance.  Functional mod that when set up correctly can make hot ground much less of a hassle with the Tdi Sl. All the best.

Full details on the White's page of Prospecting Australia. Again well done XLOOX and Old Hand. Folks love to mod..

GB1.jpg

GB2.jpg

GB3.jpg

1588839319_philmore_s38_vernier_dial_knob.jpg

• Like 2

I have never used the 'sl' TDI version so cannot really give a opinion,but i do own what was possibly the very last TDI Pro that came into the UK,it will never be used for nugget hunting but was mainly bought for relic/artifact/hoard hunting and its ability to use not only the stock coils ie 7.5'' and 12'' DF which i own both,but also after market specifically designed coils and also GPX Mono coils which can be bought brand new very cheaply and this option is the one i use the most.

Also the same time that i purchased the TDI Pro i also bought a brand new backup battery as well as i could see the batteries 'possibly' becoming harder to find because of transportation issues,but as long as i keep them both in tip top condition i cannot personally see me every having issues with them,long time users of many years standing are still using the original ones without any issues and also i guess it may well be possible if ever needed to get one rebuilt.

Favourite combination coil wise is the Coiltek 14x9 Mono the main reason its ultra lightweight and also the 10x5 folded mono made by Miner John and for really deep hoard hunting the 18'' Detech mono and 20'' Jimmy Sierra Mono coil.

• Like 3

On 5/9/2020 at 7:33 PM, karelian said:

Spotted this on the Prospecting Australia site, full credit to XLOOX and Old Hand for this, a simple and reversible fix to fine tuning the ground balance.  Functional mod that when set up correctly can make hot ground much less of a hassle with the Tdi Sl. All the best.

Full details on the White's page of Prospecting Australia. Again well done XLOOX and Old Hand. Folks love to mod..

GB3.jpg

1588839319_philmore_s38_vernier_dial_knob.jpg

The problem with this, I found out, after I bought one, is that it only turns the pot 1/2 turn. That does NOT give you the full range of ground balance. That is NOT going to work for me. What you want is a vernier that gives a full turn on the control shaft. Took me 3 hours, but I finally found one. here's the link:

https://mgs4u.com/product/vernier-reduction-drive-14-inch-to-14-inch/?v=8c21c2bc4529

It doesn't look like it includes a knob, but that's easily solved. I'd take $20 for the one I bought in Karelian's pic...it cost me $35.00

Jim