Avoid Digging Aluminum Trash

That's too bad, machine looked really good and the hip mount is still a great feature. I think 4.6khz is the sweet spot for silver but the machine may struggle in high iron areas. I'm finding that my MK works better at 19khz in older areas that have lots of iron. 5khz still works but targets get a little vague when in the mix.

Maybe you can take one for a test drive and torture us poor deprived Americans this fantastic old tech 🙂

• Like 1

16 hours ago, phrunt said:

They're in stock at our XP dealer in NZ.  I've been really considering buying one as I've been told they're super good on silvers

https://www.jacobsdigital.co.nz/products/xp-gmaxx-ii-w-27cm-coil-headphones

My advice is not to invest in a gmaxx or a goldmaxx , adventis , or adx200. I know very well these machines but actually they are outdated compared to a Deus or an Orx . For example they work with 8 AA batteries not a very reliable thing due to the number of contacts ( 16 instead of 2 for a lithium ). In addition those machines are quite heavy around 1,5kg .   They are also monofreq the Goldmaxx 18khz , the Gmaxx 5khz , so forget small targets with a Gmaxx … While the Deux/Orx are multifreq ( switchable manually ) from 5 to 50khz depending on the coil models.  There are also gold modes on the Deus / Orx , briefly a Deus is much more sophisticated than a Goldmaxx … On the Deus you have 10 modes and 2 of them emulates previous models the Goldmaxx and Gmaxx. But people usually uses the 3rd mode called "Deus fast" because it is faster than the Goldmaxx mode so more reactive on iron trashed areas .Btw I am wondering why XPs continues to produce the Goldmaxx and Gmaxx models , very few people still use them around here  ..

The Deus / Orx is not really a revolution in terms of audio, to make it simple it is just a "micro goldmaxx" . The Deus reuses the Goldmaxx /Gmaxx electronics basics physically reduced to a minimum , the cables have been suppressed, lithium alim replaced AAs and so on ... Briefly a lot of things have been improved on the Deus vs the previous models.

The Deus/Orxx audio is very similar to the Goldmaxx, sounds as simple as a Tesoro actually . But the thing that makes the success of the Deus is the weight at around 850grams . The Orx is even lighter at 750grams ! With such features , ultra light and excellent electronics it is not surprising  that this machine has a great success over the world ..

The Deus starts at 700e with the "Deus Lite" you have a coil and shaft , plus Wireless headphones , the settings buttons are located on the side of the headphones .  It is what I am using since a few years now ( 2013 ) , very simple and efficient ...

The Orx starts at 700e ,  a very interesting machine because it is simpler than the Deus with only 4 modes , coin deep , coin fast and 2 gold modes.

• Like 1

Still a niche market for a good analog. Didn't know it was that heavy which explains the hip mount option. Monotone machines are still effective. I actually find it easier to follow as I can concentrate on tone size and roll. More tones my brain starts to shut down LOL

• Like 1

13 hours ago, kac said:

Still a niche market for a good analog. Didn't know it was that heavy which explains the hip mount option. Monotone machines are still effective. I actually find it easier to follow as I can concentrate on tone size and roll. More tones my brain starts to shut down LOL

Yes actually I prefer the Goldmaxx audio to the Deus audio, the Deus is a little more "numeric" , or there are more harmonics in the Goldmaxx audio I dont know actually…  But the thing is when you are used to detecting with a wireless like the Deus it is very difficult to get back to a "wired" detector . When I connect the coil cable on my Vanquish I have at each time the feeling to get back to the prehistoric ages ... 🙂   Hopefully the Vanquish electronics are not dating from the prehistoric ages  … 🙂

Yes the hipmount option is a very good idea , but for fields only .. In woods/forests the cable hangs on the branches .. Very unpleasant 

• Like 1