Vanquish 540

I've had my 540 for a little while and I'm getting a little more comfortable with it. It seems a very capable machine for my hunting needs.

Learning a new machine I tend to dig a lot a targets to see what its saying. About a million rusty nails later I'm getting a feel for it..lol.  It seems to me there's a smaller gray area with the Vanquish verses the Equinox. Not everything sounds perfect and with my Equinox a lot of sounds weren't the best but there weren't enough bad sounds in them to say don't dig. I've started to find that cut off on the Equinox as to what you can get away with digging and still have a chance of finding a good target. But that area seems smaller so far with the Vanquish more cut and dry. It doesn't take much of that raspy sound (what I call it) at all for me to say don't dig it (I'm kinda getting tired of digging nails) and honestly how many do you have to dig to learn that sound is a rusty target.  Just some of my thoughts so far. 

I've yet to take them both out at once and compare signals but I'm sure I will at some time in the future. Having fun right now just playing with the Vanquish. HH, Tom

• Like 2