Equinox 800 For Gold? How Stupid....

Too good!

Thank you.

• Like 1

Part of the reason I made this post.. Uneducated folks calling me and wanting to get a certain gold machine.  No worries, I'll sell it to you, but when you ask how I like your potential new detector?  and I tell you I don't own one anymore as I now swing the NOX...don't get pissed off at me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Gerry, I have tried every gold prospecting specific VLF detector and a few PIs in the last five years of my detecting life where I have had the money and time to see how well they do or not. I am barely able to carry you guy's water bottles or maybe clean your boots ability wise. I have found plenty of gold however. More than that I have found two detectors that could handle every highly mineralized ground condition that I could put them on. Some of these places make some very famous VLF gold prospecting detectors that actually include "Gold" in their names, go into overload or just make me want to puke from the ridiculous sounds they make trying to handle hot rocks and severe iron mineralization. The Equinox 800 has handled all of these places with absolutely no problem. The XP ORX does a remarkably good job too for a single frequency detector.  

Thanks for posting this and for keeping it fun and real for all of us prospectors and wannabe's on this forum. Hope to meet you someday.....

Jeff

• Like 3

Hey amigo, some of those nuggets look vaguely familiar...😉 I especially like the sunbaker!

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing, love the photos.

• Like 1

Gerry,

Having not used the Nox 800 for gold prospecting yet, what setting do you prefer to use? I know there is a factory preset mode for prospecting, but how do you set your machine up? I recently purchased a 6" coil from a fellow forum member and my 12 year old is using the Goldmonster with the small coil and he finds "flakes" with it. It would be nice to compare them in the field.

Also interesting is how many speci nuggets you guys are finding. Do you think the PI's were missing them? The gold sandwich speci is bad ass!

Matt

• Like 1

Very Nice !!!!!

• Like 1

Thanks Gerry, very motivational for those of us that have not been at it very long, hope you keep up your hardcore swinging and sharing finds. 

ht 

• Like 1