Coiltek Coils For SDC 2300 On Sale

14 hours ago, Jin said:

I’m not sure what Minelabs goal is but I’m wondering if they make more money selling lots of cheaper detectors or fewer expensive ones.  Only thinking out loud so please don’t tar and feather me, lol

Lots of cheaper detectors due to the moment and unluckily a lot more crap terribly advertised even years before.

I do the work for 💰 underwater and I feel a little neglected by Minelab.

Prehistorical Excal 2: blind to fine gold chains (sold 2 of them),a trusty 8 years old Ctx, almost outdated and is not so good in depth (14x9 Australian signed coil)9 against even the Nox with 11" coil.

The Nox however is far to be even slightly similar on the VDI stability (and type), so for this reason I decided to keep the CTX on, otherwise there's nothing new under the sun.

The fuc....g Vanquish the world was waiting?I keep silence about it...

56 minutes ago, Steve Herschbach said:

If you wanted to try and be accurate you at the least have to define the target size.

How much of the field is really dependent upon the coil (and type of coil) itself?  Bigger coil, bigger field and all that stuff.

You did 'address' what comes to my mind each time I see those diagrams repeated because as you say, all of us know coils and targets don't work that way.  You say donut.  I say nerf ball or I'm drawn to the flame like a moth.  I think the real truth is that we must hear it with the fringe and then center it to dig it.

I think the better detectorists with more coil control and good hearing take those fringe (iffy signals) and enhance those into real nuggets.  I don't have that 'mastery' of it and I'm seeking the 'holy grail' or the edge/fringe/ground.   We buy technology to help us deal with that and coils are one part.

What makes someone believe they have a 'hot' coil?  I think I had one with a 19" Nugget Finder on my 5000.

19 hours ago, mn90403 said:

How much of the field is really dependent upon the coil (and type of coil) itself?  Bigger coil, bigger field and all that stuff.

You did 'address' what comes to my mind each time I see those diagrams repeated because as you say, all of us know coils and targets don't work that way.  You say donut.  I say nerf ball or I'm drawn to the flame like a moth.  I think the real truth is that we must hear it with the fringe and then center it to dig it.

What the electromagnetic field with lines of force looks like and what the detection area or pattern is and looks like are two different things. The electromagnetic field looks like a donut as illustrated in the Garrett diagrams. The detection area/pattern is more like a half bowl beneath the coil or a basketball around the entire coil. You have to keep your terminology straight when talking detectors as lots of times people are talking two different things.

Larger coil sizes expand the electromagnetic field. A larger coil will make the detection area larger for a large item, and smaller for a small item.

As far as the rest, you either have an ear for faint targets or you don’t. No matter what you do with a detector, there are always barely discernible targets. Enhance those somehow to be louder, and now a new class of faint targets appear. There will always be people who hear and are willing to investigate whispers that others pass up.

• Like 4