At it again I see and another good one to boot. I have a local high school nick named the Viking's also, brings back memories. Be careful around the homeless areas. I once stepped on a needle that stuck in my shoe, luckily it didn't stick me. Glad your out in the heat and humidity, I would pay for some good warm non rainy days. Good luck on the next trip!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good run!

Where there are homeless camps there are homeless bathrooms, double danger!

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

You found my Jeep, but where are the tires?

Great hunt and nice ring, hope you can track down the owner!

Wish I could get out and hunt, but my neck is hurting so much I can't. Every time I look down it starts up and won't even settle down for hours at a time.

Good luck on your next hunt!

• Thanks 1

Congrats on the beautiful class ring. Very nice find. Good luck and stay safe!

• Thanks 1

Nice gold.   You know I have yet to find a class ring and I am always a bit envious of those that do.

HH
Mike

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike Hillis said:

You know I have yet to find a class ring and I am always a bit envious of those that do.

It is cool to recover one, and if you are into research, it is fun trying to track down the owner. Many of the lost rings are covered by the company with a replacement if it is lost. So, chances are that they have another ring and don't care about the lost one.

Of the two I have returned, the first one (10K) I sent out of state and never heard from him after I contacted him for a mailing address. I assume he got it? He said he gave it to his girl friend way back when, and she lost it. When I made contact with the school, they didn't say it, but the undertone of their comments made it seem like he was not the best of students--as in trouble. 

The second one (not precious metal) was cool because his mom still lived in the area. She came to pick it up for him. He also lived out of state. (The pics are of this return back in May of 2018.)

The third one ( not precious metal) was from out of state as well. I sent an email, called his work and left a voicemail,  and texted his number. I never heard back from him, so I still have it.

It is amazing and somewhat scary what you can all find out on the internet. With privacy rights, the schools are certainly not forthcoming with information. 

For this ring, I may go the route of contacting a local TV station to see if they want a story that doesn't include murder or Covid-19.

3_IMG_20180513_180117.jpg

0_IMG_20180513_180239.jpg

1_IMG_20180519_150437.jpg

2_IMG_20180519_154307.jpg

• Like 7

I   heard  most class rings these days are insured.My friend tried to make contact with a lost ring owner and did not get a        reply  from him. He probably got a other one with the insurance   . If you take a ring that was lost after you got  the insurance I think it is insurance  fraud if you don't notify them.    Not worth taking a chance since founder might have  called   ring maker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

I   heard  most class rings these days are insured.My friend tried to make contact with a lost ring owner and did not get a        reply  from him. He probably got a other one with the insurance   . If you take a ring that was lost after you got  the insurance I think it is insurance  fraud if you don't notify them.    Not worth taking a chance since founder might have  called   ring maker.

The Bounty Hunter will surely come after you! 😱

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By mn90403
      It was a different day and a different beach.  The waves had pumped into this beach for a couple of days and it was time to go.  I didn't hit the tide quite right but I have other obligations.  
      When I got there someone was on the beach.  I thought I'd lost the opportunity but they detected fast down near the water and they were gone by the time I set up to detect the cut.  I don't know where they were going but they were gone and I did my thing.  I located a penny line and dug a few of them and then I went in both directions for a bit before discovering my first quarters.  That was a good sign and I was the only one around.  It's a grid beach when objects can be found.  Five days ago I had been on this beach and I couldn't even find any of the sailboat salvage items.
      I just kept working it with the limited 2 hours I had.  Near the end I found a Wheat which is like finding hen's teeth on these beaches.  I would have stayed a bit longer to finish the cut but about 300 yards in front of me someone had shown up.  Normally this would make me very agitated but I just kept on trying to hear the good stuff mixed in with the salvage and then I got a high pitch variable at 28-31 and thought it would be another quarter.  Down about 5 inches I dug up what looked like a piece of chain.  Then I looked closely and it was jewelry.
      This is 3.7 ounces of .925 SILVER!  I think it is the heaviest piece of silver I've ever found.  It is chunky templar stuff.  There has to be a couple of links missing because it is not very long.  It's value is in the weight but it was a good couple of hours.

• By Againstmywill
      While back at my old stomping grounds in Wisconsin, I had some time to do some school turf hunting at a middle school (something that can't be done in Florida due to fences). Numerous coins have come from that area when I have detected it in the past, but that was when I mainly focused on coins while leaving the "junk" signals (lower numbers) in the ground. Well, since learning that the lower numbers are good numbers for gold, let's just say that that was the focus of this day's swinging. The 15" covered the ground well and hit hard on something on the corner of a sandpit by the track. Less than an inch down, it came in a strong 6 (similar to the sport during foil covers that I had been finding) using Park 1, 7 speed, and 18 sensitivity. The chain was latched, so it must have been set aside for safe keeping and dropped.

• By kac
      Been a while since I have found a gold ring, usually these parts I find ear rings, silver rings etc. Found this one in a park I hit all the time, down about 6" or so between some miserable cans. Guessing the cans kept it safe from other guys that detect there 🙂
      Also in the mix is a 1919 wheatie and my usual clad/trash for the day.

• By Cowkiller
      I hit the same park again today. Decided only to dig targets 11-14 and anything over 22 I scored a 14k men's gold ring. It came in at a solid 13 on the nox. By far a good day in the Arizona desert lol

• By Skullgolddiver
      Woke up late😨.
      Found a decent place.
      Found competition at work already💀.
      Heard from local fisherman's report on last week competition's success right there🤐...
      Almost 5 hours, dug 5 holes found 5 items...And the sand is yet to come...
      Can You guess how much I love the summer season?🙄
      End of the story for today...

• By dogodog
      Today started out a little slow at an old church ground, after about 7 cents and 1 1/2 hours I packed it in. Not wanting to give up so soon I decided to try a fair ground near an old fire house. I used to go there as a kid. Thinking I would find a ton of trash I put on the 9 inch to help with all the aluminum slaw. While I was trying to remember where the Ferris wheel and tilt-a-whirl where i stumbled onto a dime and penny. Thinking I needed to move up the field 100yds, I Was swinging as I walked not caring to much as this field is big and I was hitting a million signals. Half way I got a strong silver signal and dug a really nice Silver and Amethyst Ring about 2'' deep. After a few clad and an 1 1/2 hours later I got bouncy gold level signal. Normally I would not have dug this, but something just sounded strange and strong. Good thing I did because, It was a 14k and what I believe to be ruby and small diamonds. Thinking this is the best day I've had in years and knowing It was my night to cook dinner, I headed back to the truck swinging wildly and smiling ear to ear. About 75 yards from the truck I got another really strong silver tone. I almost passed out when I popped a silver and gold Tiffany ring. Days like this are very rare for me and the MK has made detecting a lot of fun. Topping this day might take a few years.