Classy Ring--updated 5-23-2020

At it again I see and another good one to boot. I have a local high school nick named the Viking's also, brings back memories. Be careful around the homeless areas. I once stepped on a needle that stuck in my shoe, luckily it didn't stick me. Glad your out in the heat and humidity, I would pay for some good warm non rainy days. Good luck on the next trip!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good run!

Where there are homeless camps there are homeless bathrooms, double danger!

• Like 1
  • Oh my! 1

You found my Jeep, but where are the tires?

Great hunt and nice ring, hope you can track down the owner!

Wish I could get out and hunt, but my neck is hurting so much I can't. Every time I look down it starts up and won't even settle down for hours at a time.

Good luck on your next hunt!

• Thanks 1

Nice gold.   You know I have yet to find a class ring and I am always a bit envious of those that do.

HH
Mike

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mike Hillis said:

You know I have yet to find a class ring and I am always a bit envious of those that do.

It is cool to recover one, and if you are into research, it is fun trying to track down the owner. Many of the lost rings are covered by the company with a replacement if it is lost. So, chances are that they have another ring and don't care about the lost one.

Of the two I have returned, the first one (10K) I sent out of state and never heard from him after I contacted him for a mailing address. I assume he got it? He said he gave it to his girl friend way back when, and she lost it. When I made contact with the school, they didn't say it, but the undertone of their comments made it seem like he was not the best of students--as in trouble. 

The second one (not precious metal) was cool because his mom still lived in the area. She came to pick it up for him. He also lived out of state. (The pics are of this return back in May of 2018.)

The third one ( not precious metal) was from out of state as well. I sent an email, called his work and left a voicemail,  and texted his number. I never heard back from him, so I still have it.

It is amazing and somewhat scary what you can all find out on the internet. With privacy rights, the schools are certainly not forthcoming with information. 

For this ring, I may go the route of contacting a local TV station to see if they want a story that doesn't include murder or Covid-19.

3_IMG_20180513_180117.jpg

0_IMG_20180513_180239.jpg

1_IMG_20180519_150437.jpg

2_IMG_20180519_154307.jpg

• Like 7

I   heard  most class rings these days are insured.My friend tried to make contact with a lost ring owner and did not get a        reply  from him. He probably got a other one with the insurance   . If you take a ring that was lost after you got  the insurance I think it is insurance  fraud if you don't notify them.    Not worth taking a chance since founder might have  called   ring maker.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dances With Doves said:

I   heard  most class rings these days are insured.My friend tried to make contact with a lost ring owner and did not get a        reply  from him. He probably got a other one with the insurance   . If you take a ring that was lost after you got  the insurance I think it is insurance  fraud if you don't notify them.    Not worth taking a chance since founder might have  called   ring maker.

The Bounty Hunter will surely come after you! 😱