This Morning's Find Is Going To The Police Tomorrow

So...

I'm out at the park this morning, detecting around one of the older trees.  Using the Vanquish 440, 'cause I'm being casual, and I like the "turn on and go" aspect of it, when I get a strong, but bouncy signal in the 28 - 34 range. So I pinpoint and start digging, and very close to the surface, I find a big rectangular piece of foil inside of an athletic sock.  First I think, Oooooo! Someone stashed some cash! I start peeling the foil and discover it is a cell phone.  I think to myself, well this isn't something someone lost, this was purposefully put here. Then I think, why would someone do this?! To hide SOMETHING!  I think the foil was an attempt to block any cell signal. So I stopped peeling the foil, and put it in a plastic baggie.  I'll take it to the police tomorrow.

I wish it had been cash...

CameraZOOM-20200510132540796.jpg

• Like 8
  • Oh my! 2

37 minutes ago, Bashin said:

So...

I'm out at the park this morning, detecting around one of the older trees.  Using the Vanquish 440, 'cause I'm being casual, and I like the "turn on and go" aspect of it, when I get a strong, but bouncy signal in the 28 - 34 range. So I pinpoint and start digging, and very close to the surface, I find a big rectangular piece of foil inside of an athletic sock.  First I think, Oooooo! Someone stashed some cash! I start peeling the foil and discover it is a cell phone.  I think to myself, well this isn't something someone lost, this was purposefully put here. Then I think, why would someone do this?! To hide SOMETHING!  I think the foil was an attempt to block any cell signal. So I stopped peeling the foil, and put it in a plastic baggie.  I'll take it to the police tomorrow.

I wish it had been cash...

CameraZOOM-20200510132540796.jpg

Maybe you found a treasure which could be worth millions, the cell phone could store secret spy, or industrial espionage informations. When turning it in make sure that you claim the 10% finders fee incase it's worth something, you never know you could have hit the jackpot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You could have ruined some people's Geo Cache day with that find!!!!

Jeff

• Haha 2

Looks highly suspicious to me. Let us know....

• Like 1

Took it in this morning and explained how I found it.  The Sargent also thought it was pretty weird.  He is going to have the detectives run some tests.  He figured it was probably stolen. Took my contact info and thanked me for bringing it in. Nice guy. 

If I hear anything, I'll post it.

If it's an iphone you can bring it to an apple store.

They could have wrapped in foil thinking it would keep them from being tracked. Might be stolen and doing so may prevent "Find my phone" app from working.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, kac said:

If it's an iphone you can bring it to an apple store.

They could have wrapped in foil thinking it would keep them from being tracked. Might be stolen and doing so may prevent "Find my phone" app from working.

I figured the foil was an attempt to "foil" tracking software. 😉  The Helena police department has it now.

• Haha 1

Between the homeless camps and now this, be careful where your digging. May want to keep your ears open for what is going on around you.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, kac said:

Between the homeless camps and now this, be careful where your digging.

Not much of a problem with that in Helena.  Low crime, and a heavily armed populace. Lol!

• Like 1