Fisher Gold Bug 2 At Wasilla, Alaska?

ok I am alittle confused, i thought the GB2 can pick up large flakes and pickers as that is what i am after, believe me i have low expectations- i just here all the writings and videos on how people find stuff previously detected by other machines? well maybe  i will use my dads  detector before i buy 

Yes the Gold Bug 2 can find small gold but you have to be right on it. You have been asking about the Hatcher Pass area and large flake and pickers are not exactly common there. Flyspeck gold is more like it. It is not the detectors, it is the lack of detectable gold in the area that is going to frustrate you.

Steve, sounds like Eric and I will get together and do some detecting.  Do you have any suggestions on a area in south central that would be good for a person starting out? 

Agreed, You know, when I started I got really frustrated and was ready to toss in the towel. Ended up reading the article you wrote " First Gold With A Metal Detector" and that kept me at it. Thanks.

I will run him through Hatcher`s get him to pan some and then try and detect some. Might be a good learning experience.

• 2 weeks later...