Sad to see a couple older forums closing. The excuse tends to be social media but this forums rapid growth says there is more to it than that. In any case, MyTreasureSpot is closing by the end of the month.

And Treasure Depot sometime in June.

• Sad 1

Mytreasurespot was a good place to look for used PI machines - folks would buy them for the "Digging in Virginia" paid hunts and then after a hunt or two either upgrade or exit. I bought a TDI will all of Reg Smith's mid there. Sweet steady threshold let all of the TDI's power work. Paul in CA has it now and I think he's happy with it.

Hope many of those loyal users find a home here. This is one of the best forums with some great people that help people of all skill levels, share ideas, tips and their finds.

• Like 8

This forum has better content than any other I visit. Plenty of tips and helping. Great posts for finds from all over the world. Lots of updates and reviews on new and old machines.

AND NO POLITICS!!!

• Like 9

On 5/11/2020 at 11:47 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

Sad to see a couple older forums closing. The excuse tends to be social media but this forums rapid growth says there is more to it than that. In any case, MyTreasureSpot is closing by the end of the month.

And Treasure Depot sometime in June.

Some of those other forums on the net seem to bicker a lot and should shut down.

I used to have about 5 detecting websites “Bookmarked”.........now I only have just the one 👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really going to miss the The Treasure Depot classifieds.   Of the close to 60 detectors I've owned since 2004, I'd say at least two-thirds of them where bought and/or sold from there.   I guess its a good thing I've already scratched most of my itches or I'd be at a loss.

HH
Mike

• Like 2

I'm going to miss that classified too.