Vanquish V-8

After getting an equinox at the end of January and hearing good reports on the Vanquish i had to pick one up. I live in downtown Reno so i have been hitting some urban areas like alleys and city strips, the area between the street and the sidewalk. Also my own property has been quiet good to me regarding  targets. I found all of these in my front and back yard, pretty sure i found where the old cloths line used to be. The V-8 really helped me find these, i had been over the same area with my nox, but emi i think caused me to miss them, and the fact the little V-8 could get in some tight spots. 

IMG_4606.JPG

IMG_4608.JPG

IMG_4657.JPG

IMG_4658.JPG

IMG_4668.JPG

IMG_4673.JPG

IMG_4672.JPG

• Like 8

Well done.

Reno has quite a history of being an area where gold riches were spent and fabrications were done to take back to the mines.

I once found some Levis buttons and traced the history back to the original company in Reno that was purchased by Eli.

As you saw from the ring I found there's also some more 'modern' stuff in the trash.  I don't think the palm tree ring is very old because it says 18k.

Mitchel

• Thanks 1

Thanks Mitchel, I don't live far from the river or the university so i am in a sweet spot. Since the start of our quarantine i have been able to stay busy digging either on my own property or else i have three parks and then some to clean up all within 3-4 block radius. My house was built in 1924 and i am only the third owner. The back garage (my shop) used to be where the U.S. postal service had their vehicles worked on. The history goes even further back as you can see with some of the lead bullets and melted lead fire starter, looks like maybe someone had camped here before the house was built. Lots to look for around here. I think Kac found the same button a few weeks back.

ht or Chris 

IMG_4667.JPG

IMG_4666.JPG

IMG_4663.JPG

IMG_4664.JPG

IMG_4665.JPG

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Love the dime - congratulations!

Thanks Steve, it's the second Barber dime i have found at my house, the first one is a 1916 but it 's  kinda in ruff shape seeing how that one was found in the driveway. This 1911 dime was recovered just on the rim of our new cherry tree in the front yard. 

Nice finds and the button is the same as Kac had found.

Love the dime and the rest of the items you found.

Good luck on your next hunt!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Way-to-go, 'Hardtimehrmit'!  Nice batch of finds, and I also enjoy using my V-540 with the 5X8 DD.  Looking forward to more reports of success afield.  Being in Reno you ought to drive on over and join a good group of us on a Welcome-to-Hunt Outing June 3rd thru 7th.  Bring along your vanquish, 5X8 DD coil, or other serious Relic Hunting units and help us make more good recoveries from the old ghost towns.   It would be a shorter drive for you than for most f us.  Questions?  Shoot me an e-mail.

In the meantime, keep finding more good keepers!

Monte